Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm bell box replacement.

Options
  • 22-03-2013 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hi guys the alarm bell box has died on me probably 14 years old. Is it as simple as just disconnecting and replacing with a new one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Yes .. When you open it up take note of the wires and where they are connected . Power down everything first .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You don't need to power down the system to replace an external bell.
    Simply disconnect the ext + and strobe + to prevent the risk of blowing a fuse.
    DeltaBellE_PLUS.jpg
    Deltabell is a good option for a replacement bell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

moonshadow wrote: »
    Hi guys the alarm bell box has died on me probably 14 years old. Is it as simple as just disconnecting and replacing with a new one?

If you are not familiar with the workings of the system I would down power the system too. There is live mains in the sysyem. Better to be safe than sorry. It also means you will not have to disconnect the cables at both ends when changing out the bell box.

Advertisement