Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens of the Stone Age Announce New Album

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Gotta say that new song is awful, very mediocre and mundane. Hoping for a lot better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Id nearly think the same, but the chorus is in my head. Friends of friends released a song yesterday that I much prefer. Check out Ka Tet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Must have a listen, though I half expect QOTSA are on a downward slope for good at this stage. Pity. The tunes have just evaporated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Can see where you're coming from when you describe it as mundane, there's nothing particularly interesting about the song. Seems like a generic by the numbers QOTSA effort, however it's stuck in my head and really growing on me for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

QOTSA are over as far as I'm concerned.

Era Vulgaris has moments of greatness but overall sounded like some experimental Josh Homme album, Them Crooked Vultures were the exact same.

Thankfully Soundgarden, Alice in Chains and Clutch are still going strong :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I'll reserve judgement until the album proper has reached these ears. I reckon this is just an album cut to test the waters. I like the bridge, the rest isn't great. Hopefully it's better than the last Soundgarden album, though, I don't think they've slid that far. Yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

6 years !!
    Where does the time go ?

Will keep an eye out for this - hope it's as good as the new Soundgarden album.

A little off topic - Josh Homme on Anthony Bourdain's show two years ago drinking tequilla playing songs in the desert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The full album could be a cracker, they’d be in my top three bands. I can’t even recall how that tune went though, which is really strange considering the band. Kinda had my fill of super cool Josh Homme, he can be downright funny or a jacked up coke ape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The new song sounds a bit like The Sky is Falling from Songs for the Deaf. If they can get this album sounding like that one then I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

This is quality.

"I'm here with John Homme..."

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

This is quality.

"I'm here with John Homme..."

"Goddamn these electric sex pants!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Mushy wrote: »

fixed that for you..

Like this one a lot more than the My god is the Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Like this one a lot more than the My god is the Sun
    Agreed, it's got a nice atmosphere to it, and sounds like a lot more thought went into writing the song. In fairness I like "My God Is The Sun", when heard it first I forgot about it pretty quickly, but I listened to it again recently and it had grown on me quite a lot; of course it's quite generic (you can almost hear where the Arctic Monkeys got their sound from) yet very catchy and not a bad song in the grand scale of things.

I wonder will "I Appear Missing" be made available for folks with pre-orders on iTunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I do like both songs released so far, but as a friend of mine said, if they aren't the weaker songs on the album it'll be disappointing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

They are on Jools Holland this week

Really liking this one!

They played 2 songs on Jools Holland on BBC2 tonight. Excellent, can't see what they were though.

The full show is on this Friday night at 11:00pm.

Stare at the Ocean and God is the Sun is what they played. Will probably be 1 old song added on Friday, maybe 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

just got my advance copy from my cousin who works in the industry. :D

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    just got my advance copy from my cousin who works in the industry. :D

Your cousin must be a feckin time traveller !

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

TheUsual wrote: »
    Your cousin must be a feckin time traveller !
    It's out June 4th, it will have been ready for ages, labels do this all the time, holding on to an album to "promote it" before release and then wonder why/how album gets leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Great album, very very different but great!

Have 3 songs so far, Kalopsia, Smooth Sailing, Keep Your Eyes Peeled. I shouldn't lose faith in these lads. Cannot wait to hear more songs tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just listened to it all the way through. Initial impression is that its very good. Slightly different in places but overall a strong album. Possibly their best since songs for the deaf.

People were complaining that My God is the Sun sounded like another generic qotsa rock song, and I kind of agreed. Luckily that's about the only song on the album you could say that about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mushy wrote: »
    Stare at the Ocean and God is the Sun is what they played. Will probably be 1 old song added on Friday, maybe 2.

Played another new track "If I Had A Tail"

Advertisement