Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens of the Stone Age Announce New Album

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Imagine this had happened when people actually cared about the charts. Until you posted that link, I can't remember the last time I looked at the charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

So buy the vinyl if it bothers you that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

How much is the album?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

€13 in Golden Discs anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

Richy06 wrote: »
    So buy the vinyl if it bothers you that much?

Not everyone has vinyl players.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Well, they aren't exactly prohibitively expensive. Trust me, every album looks and sounds better on the format to a poxy jewel CD case. Also, Google has the lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Do people in Ireland still buy albums?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

Just so we're clear - I don't really need or want lyrics. However I don't get why I should buy a new format just cos the and weren't bothered to lay out artwork for the CD sleeve. I have no problem with vinyl, I'd just need to buy a vinyl player and all my vital albums on vinyl. It's a bit more than a small buy really.

Alice in Chains new album came out on CD with great packaging artwork and concept, as did previous QOTSA albums so it's not that much of a reach for this to be released with something more than notes that are the exact same on the inside slip and on the disc placeholder. It should be a standard to have the artwork on both formats and not a deluxe thing for vinyl. Especially seeing as they're trying to shift albums sales in whatever formats they can these days

Aside from all that the album itself is a grower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I have the 9&10 CD but for some reason today I decided to check out older Desert Sessions stuff on Youtube none of which I'd heard before. I must say I really love the song that Josh got No One Knows from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

If you like Queens, you should check out all of the Desert Sessions.

This is my favourite song from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Volume 7 & 8 of the Desert Sessions is a good 'un.

There's something about a room full of great musicians that makes a straight forward tune into a absolute gem!!!

I love "Making a Cross".
    Simple, beautiful, brilliant!!!

Oh and by the way......prepare to cry ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭VonLuck

They've just announced dates in the O2 in Dublin for the 17th of November. Belfast the 18th.

http://www.nme.com/news/queens-of-the-stone-age/70858

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

VonLuck wrote: »
    They've just announced dates in the O2 in Dublin for the 17th of November. Belfast the 18th.

http://www.nme.com/news/queens-of-the-stone-age/70858

Brilliant news, loving the new album. Roll on November :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Any idea when tickets are on sale for this? The link mentions next Friday but not sure if that's just for UK gigs. Nothing about it on ticketmaster.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Any idea when tickets are on sale for this? The link mentions next Friday but not sure if that's just for UK gigs. Nothing about it on ticketmaster.ie

Friday from 9, presale 2moro at 9 (wed) for O2 customers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Also fan pre-sale tomorrow, password is Clockwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Picked up tickets in the presale there. Haven't seen Queens of the stone age live before although I did get to see Them Crooked Vultures a few years ago.

Really loving Like Clockwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

To go or not to go - hmmm. The O2 isn't floating my boat though....

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matt.finn

O2 is ****e but I still wouldn't miss it for the world. Finished the Leaving Cert and Bought Qotsa tickets in the same week, could be doing worse

• Advertisement

Can see where you're coming from when you describe it as mundane, there's nothing particularly interesting about the song. Seems like a generic by the numbers QOTSA effort, however it's stuck in my head and really growing on me for some reason.

Agree.......

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Awesome....

Nice Q & A in there too.

QOTSA.FORVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Mate got me a ticket for Belfast instead, so am going to combine a visit to the fourth green field with QOTSA...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Anyone ever listen to WTF with Marc Maron? Podcast where he interviews various people.

The most recent podcast was an interview with Josh Homme. Brilliant stuff.

Apparently he recently nearly died from MRSA.:eek:

Advertisement