Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying property tax through post office - reminders?

Options
  • 22-03-2013 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

If u register online etc, and opt to pay thru post office...each month do they sent you out a reminder i.e a slip with a barcode to be paid thru post office

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Play Bunny wrote: »
    If u register online etc, and opt to pay thru post office...each month do they sent you out a reminder i.e a slip with a barcode to be paid thru post office

You can't pay by cash if you register online . Only available when you fill in the paper form. They only print one slip - so it will be in tatters by the end of the year! (You can quote PPS number acording to this Paying Property Tax

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

I c they have that well thought out :( bloody joke....

I see they will be charging €1 for each payment ! SOme pensioners will be only paying less than €2 a week when they get the pension - it will cost them 50% more in transaction fees!!

see http://www.moneyguideireland.com/paying-the-property-tax-how-and-when.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Ogham wrote: »
    I see they will be charging €1 for each payment ! SOme pensioners will be only paying less than €2 a week when they get the pension - it will cost them 50% more in transaction fees!!

see http://www.moneyguideireland.com/paying-the-property-tax-how-and-when.html
    That's a red herring, pensioners who are reliant on the State Pension only should defer. Other older people who have other private pensions and savings should not be paying weekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

Anyone know about this? I've never had any communication re the property tax. Filled out the online form as I was never sent one, and chose the option to pay at a post office. Still heard nothing, and the first payment is supposed to be July 1st. I expected a confirmation of how much each payment should be, and within what time-frame...

• Advertisement

inocybe wrote: »
    Anyone know about this? I've never had any communication re the property tax. Filled out the online form as I was never sent one, and chose the option to pay at a post office. Still heard nothing, and the first payment is supposed to be July 1st. I expected a confirmation of how much each payment should be, and within what time-frame...

Payment is down to you - you can pay weekly/monthly. They expect you to pay in regular equal amounts - but I suspect that if you pay something in July - they won't bother doing much chasing up until after December.

Advertisement