Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ducktales remastered summer 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No better team to handle it. :)

Great trailer. Who sang along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Mr E wrote: »
    No better team to handle it. :)

Great trailer. Who sang along?

i did :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Woo-ooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

They've given the theme away in the trailer, only thing left in the game will be the moon music now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would've liked to have been in whatever room that was revealed. I'm sure there would've been a singalong.

Well that's Sony and Microsoft's console reveals topped as announcement of the year. If only Nintendo had got it as an exclusive again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't wait for this, Wayforward are probably the best 2D developer out there.

Apparently the queue to play the demo at PAX East is insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Side note: I've discovered kids will quite happily watch DuckTales in any language.

e.g.

My kids will watch whole episodes of the above, totally happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Shut up and take my money !!!!!!!!!

This is in good hands, they will have to try very hard to screw this up based on that trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

One of my favourites on the nes. Cant wait to see what it turns out like.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

wonder will it have the same music or even remixes, the moon theme is a soundtrack to my childhood happiness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I hope it has an 8-bit music mode. Please please.

@Nesf: found a legit episode. Enjoy while it lasts

Better yet folks, its about a Leprachaun!! :D Someone pay it forward by finding me an episode about Gizmoduck

Weird fact, Webbys voice actor does the voice of Sherri and Terri in the Simpsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ha awesome, that looks gorgeous love the art style.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just watched a video of the actual announcement at PAX, would have expected the crowd to go through the roof but it was every low on excitement.

Stupid kids.

Varik wrote: »
    Just watched a video of the actual announcement at PAX, would have expected the crowd to go through the roof but it was every low on excitement.

Stupid kids.
    stunned nostalgia. thats all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

I'd actually prefer to play the original...the retro graphics and music are part of the charm!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Seems that the first video I watched didn't get the full crowd response.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Nice to see it getting a warm reception overall - I mean it's not like the game would have worldwide acclaim - The cartoon and NES game would have a warm place in a lot of withered old-school hearts but if you started singing that song at people these days most would think you were a perverted duck fiddler.

I still have the strangest feeling this will go down really well overall - Deservedly so.

On that note.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Anyone else pick this up today?
    Great remake overall. Not sure if theres a degree of it being unforgiving or if I just suck :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Chinpool wrote: »
    Anyone else pick this up today?
    Great remake overall. Not sure if theres a degree of it being unforgiving or if I just suck :pac:

Apparently the upcoming Castle of Illusion remake is the same - just as hard as you remember from your childhood :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Vojera wrote: »
    Apparently the upcoming Castle of Illusion remake is the same - just as hard as you remember from your childhood :p

I look forward to it!
    /buys replacement controllers....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's funny hearing how hard this game is. The original is a total cake walk and the old school reviewers are saying the new one is as well but there's so many people saying it's ridiculously hard like the original.

Same with Castle of Illusion, that was an extremely easy game. Just goes to show how easy games have gotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's funny hearing how hard this game is. The original is a total cake walk and the old school reviewers are saying the new one is as well but there's so many people saying it's ridiculously hard like the original.

Same with Castle of Illusion, that was an extremely easy game. Just goes to show how easy games have gotten.

I just finished the game a few minutes ago and I have to agree that it is incredibly easy. Now I did play the game on the easy setting but I nearly could have beaten it in one life. However, there was one extremely frustrating jump in the newly added level that I must have lost a dozen lives to.

I had a good couple of hours with the game. In fact I think these ending credits are going to last nearly the same length of time as the game.

Advertisement