Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old business acc.

Options
  • 22-03-2013 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi i am new on this site my story is as follows . Back in 2005 myself and my now x husband had taken on the lease on a coffee shop, everything was in my name i was set up as a sole trader and had opened a business acc in my name also but i generally just worked the coffee shop and my x husband was supposed to look after paper work bills revnue ect ......long story i know my x had another company business and they took over mine in 2007 . My x was on good terms with the bank as it was the same branch they had the company acc with and i very nievely believe him when he said my acc was all sorted i have never heard anything more about it till today i got a call on my home no dont know where they got my no from to say i owed 5,300 on my acc . They have been sending letters to the old business address . I know i have been very silly to assume it was sorted but and i know i have to somehow get it paid .I left my husband two and a half years ago when i realised what a conman he was and have paid off a lot of debts and continue to pay alot of debts he left me with .I have two little girls i get €230 one parent income and i work part time earning roughly €100 euro weekly i need to get back to the bank and see if they will take €30 a month ...prob not but is there anything i can do to get rid of some of the intrest thats accumilated over the years im pretty sure mu overdraft was at a limit for €2,000 so it take it the rest in intrest wont know till i get my statment if i had only known i would have sorted it a long long time ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Did you get a divorce? As this happened while you were married it may come under what ever settlement you made together. Contact you solicitor. If you are not divorced, maybe try FLAC for information on whether you can involve you ex in the liability.

Get a financial statement ready for the bank, that is the next thing they will ask you for. You will need to prove that you can't pay and maybe pay interest only until liability is sorted.

http://www.mabs.ie/mabs_shg/rtf_generate.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ijean

thanks wmpdd3 i will try FLAC first thing monday ....we are not divorced yet have not been in contact as he retrned to south africa due to his financial affairs here and has no plans on returning.

Advertisement