Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky cant fix the problem.

• 22-03-2013 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

I got another call from Sky this evening. Nice guy, soothing voice, you know the type. Rolled out to calm the irate customer :D

Anyway, the upshot is that after 2 months of abysmal service and over 6 hours of calls (for which I've invoiced them) they still don't know what the problem is with line speeds.
    They don't know what its is, how to fix it or when it will be fixed but they will call me again next week with another update.:confused:
    It could be the lines or it might be the exchange. Seemingly sky customers get a different plug in the eircom exchange and the new plug might result in the lower service. Ultimately, even though I'm on BT its still eircom as they buy it from them.(makes sense)

Despite all this they are still prepared to take my €17 per month for phone and broadband.

Anyway they have 30 days to pay the invoice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I would'nt be surprised if Eircom were dragging their feet with any sorting out technical problems. They will fix their own customers problems first. Aphabetically Sky is near the end of the list, and in reality that could well be the case as well. Only ythis week I observed 4 Eircom staff pull up in two Eircom vans across the road from me. They then proceeded to spend 3 hours looking at the sagging telephone cables that run behind the gaffs on my side of the road. How productive.:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you're going to use DSL buy it from Eircom. They own the lines and are the only ones who can do any hardware work, if you're with a reseller you'll never get anything done. Eircom have a track record of doing this.

Its scummy, and eircom are a joke, but practically its the only thing you can do.

Advertisement