Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did entrance to Blanch SC flood today?

Options
  • 22-03-2013 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to get out to Blanch SC on Sunday for the day shopping - never been before - saw pics of the main road earlier and it looked savagely flooded.............what way is it out there now?

Also - any idea if there's a time limit on the parking in the Centre - do I have to feic off after 3 hours? Kinda planning a full day there

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

cjmcork wrote: »
    I'm hoping to get out to Blanch SC on Sunday for the day shopping - never been before - saw pics of the main road earlier and it looked savagely flooded.............what way is it out there now?

Also - any idea if there's a time limit on the parking in the Centre - do I have to feic off after 3 hours? Kinda planning a full day there

Thanks!

No idea about flooding but the centre is free parking and there is no limit. The only exception to that is the car park area of the Westend Retail Park - thats the one with Next, New Look, Heatons etc - where the limit is 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Theres a picture doing the rounds on here/fbook/twitter etc showing the N3 during the last big flooding 2 years ago I think it was??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

cjmcork wrote: »

Thanks!

If you talking about this pic, that is from few years ago!!

483655_498641550183423_522844400_n.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

as above, no flooding. that is an old photo doing the rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

That picture is from the floods of November 2002. I got stranded at the far side of Dunboyne and had to walk home to Blanch through flood waters up past my knees at times.
    Next morning we went out to survey the damage and we saw that exact view. There were 2 fellahs in that transit van. I wonder if they were there all night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

gabsdot40 wrote: »
    That picture is from the floods of November 2002.

Is that not from the August 2008 flood?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

Polar101 wrote: »
    Is that not from the August 2008 flood?

it is,i worked that night and drove home that way.

Advertisement