Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True?...Or Not True?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

dude, at least provide an opinion of your own to start the conversation!

Is it true folks here don't know how lucky they are? compared to what, the states or europe? they're lucky in many ways, they haven't had to bail out any banks. "viewed from europe", it would seem that the only issues are political power battles and a need for skilled workers. But Australia has many real problems just like any other country, ones that not even Rudd or Abbott really want to face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Only skimmed over the story to be honest, must be a slow day.

"Unemployment at near-record lows (5.4%)" :pac:

5.4%. Ahh the Welfare State at its best. :D

"Viewed from Europe"

From Europe even a Lice infected Brothel would look good, and more cash flow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

False for a lot of it. I thought I was reading a piece from the Sun, not the Guardian.
    There are so many errors in that piece, I don't know where to start. Paola may be Australian but she is taking artistic licence with a lot of her statements e.g. A couple of hundred asylum seekers; the real figure is actually over 12,000.

Read the ABC news site. http://www.abc.net.au/news/
    if you want to know Australian news.

Politicians are pretty much the same breed everywhere. Though Ireland does have the edge on Oz for taking the michael, I watched (in disbelief) Ming defend himself on Vincent Browne last week .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

In the words of Patrick Kielty

"The UK is like the homeless beggar at the banklink of the western world , Ireland is the dog on the string."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

FunkyDa2 wrote: »

WTF are you trying to say?????? Do you have an opinion or thought on this article.

The woman who wrote the article has no clues on what she is rambling on about, she just shows that her opinion is "just that" an opinion, that has no factual evidence.

Now back to bongs and beers.,

• Advertisement
Advertisement