Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying bitcoins

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

OldHouse wrote: »
    This might be a bit off track here, but what effect would a world war, say one between North Korea and the NATO effect cryptocurrencies? Would people take their money out of tradition stock and shares and more to cryptocurrencies or could it go the other way? Is there antidotal evidence to show pending wars or economic crises makes money run too or away from cryptocurrencies?

If WW3 or similar breaks out the internet may not usable. I am doubtful about all those wallets and the complications re using them and getting assets thru them to convert into cash.

Gold may be best bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,490 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

nuac wrote: »
    If WW3 or similar breaks out the internet may not usable. I am doubtful about all those wallets and the complications re using them and getting assets thru them to convert into cash.

Gold may be best bet

until the nazis go after the gold reserves that is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

ICO's becoming massive bubble, one is still ongoing for so called medical device or whatever crap they spin it off, basically its your personal vitamin dispenser, as apparently you might need some special vitamins formulated to you :cool: in other words paying few euro at tescos aint good, but put that idea on internet with some twist and voila for smth that no one would actually pay money in real world you get funded 100k easily within hours.

Seems general scheme make half arsed idea, when for extra 20k you could make it yourself fully, put in need for funding in return for some tokens, get funded , rent services to run nodes and leave project cash in hand. one of the better cons going on internet nowadays, and you dont even need to force that crap people come cash in hand to buy some tokens, pretty much like penny stocks that were popular back in 80-90s.No actual worth created yet inflated like fortune 500, a bit like the beginning wolf of the wall street movie setup company and sell air.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Does anyone have any experience or any ideas on how do deal specifically with one's digital currencies in their last will.

Is there a specific wording needed if one wanted to leave their digital currencies to a certain person or organisation?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

maximus02 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience or any ideas on how do deal specifically with one's digital currencies in their last will.

Is there a specific wording needed if one wanted to leave their digital currencies to a certain person or organisation?

Thanks
    how about leave the instructions how to cash them out :D ,
    on serious note if you plan to check out, why not just leave an envelope with the solicitor or inside some safe/safety deposit box
    where it could be found with details.

^yeah the bowfish vitamin dispenser ,seems they cleared around 25k+ $ but struggling to get another lot moved.

While our full product advances towards FDA approval, we will ship third-party at-home test
    kits with a prepaid return envelope. Once tests are received and analyzed, our customers will
    receive easy-to-understand lifestyle suggestions and supplement recommendations provided by a
    certified healthcare professional.

Some consumers have started taking matters into their own hands by ordering at-home test kits
    directly from labs. The process involves pricking their fingers and/or producing saliva and then
    shipping the samples to laboratories in order to receive data on specific biomarkers. While this is
    a step in the right direction, the results consumers receive in return are difficult to understand and
    probably overwhelming to most lay people. Bowhead solves this problem by making data easy to
    digest and comprehend.

in other words same service anyone could get now, with a timer on a vitamin box.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

scamalert wrote: »
    how about leave the instructions how to cash them out :D ,
    on serious note if you plan to check out, why not just leave an envelope with the solicitor or inside some safe/safety deposit box
    where it could be found with details.

^yeah the bowfish vitamin dispenser ,seems they cleared around 25k+ $ but struggling to get another lot moved.

I can leave instructions easily enough. I was talking more about the legal side. How to specify or how to put the wording in my will regarding where I want it to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I can leave instructions easily enough. I was talking more about the legal side. How to specify or how to put the wording in my will regarding where I want it to go.

First one to figure how to cash out gets to keep it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

interesting bitcoin is getting more and more coverage on major channels...
    very bullish this guy

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/08/07/is-bitcoin-a-bubble-this-trader-says-no-and-that-now-is-the-time-to-buy.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Thanks

Given death duties in this country, it wouldn't be in my will, but pinned to it would be an envelope, with the person/s name on it and a brief note inside with 20 or so random words written below the intelligible bit.

Cryptos would be a blessing to one's descendants in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

jobless wrote: »
    interesting bitcoin is getting more and more coverage on major channels...
    very bullish this guy

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/08/07/is-bitcoin-a-bubble-this-trader-says-no-and-that-now-is-the-time-to-buy.html
    Congrats to all that invested early and held despite everybody telling them they we're crazy.
    I thought we may have peaked a few weeks back with a Head and Shoulders top but we just ploughed on through.
    Bitcoin doesn't seem to be going away, we are 7 years in now, despite what people believe its being persistent.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Given death duties in this country, it wouldn't be in my will, but pinned to it would be an envelope, with the person/s name on it and a brief note inside with 20 or so random words written below the intelligible bit.

Never pin anything to a will. Probate Registrar will raise queries on seeing pinholes. Document that was pinned will have to be accounted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭OldHouse

I was just thinking the same thing.

nuac wrote: »
    Never pin anything to a will. Probate Registrar will raise queries on seeing pinholes. Document that was pinned will have to be accounted for.

Didn't know that - by 'pin', I meant paperclip, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Buy a small safe/large safe/safety deposit box (depending on risk you want to take), buy a notebook, put all the instructions/passwords in it, pop it inside the safe (along with the usb keys, paper wallets, nano s, etc)

Give family the pass to the safe in case anything happens to you

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Buy a small safe/large safe/safety deposit box (depending on risk you want to take), buy a notebook, put all the instructions/passwords in it, pop it inside the safe (along with the usb keys, paper wallets, nano s, etc)

Give family the pass to the safe in case anything happens to you

Nope, completely over the top. The main problem is that property almost always makes up the majority of value in an inheritance. I have a solution and plan for that, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭KilOit

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2017/0808/895899-what-are-cryptocurrencies-and-how-can-they-make-you-money/

Nothing that anyone in here doesn't know but still good to reach normal news channels

Nope, completely over the top. The main problem is that property almost always makes up the majority of value in an inheritance. I have a solution and plan for that, though.

Some people I know hold significant amounts in crypto, already 5 and 6 figures. In 5, 10, 15 years it could be worth significantly more. A will is complicated, so at least one of them is going to use the "details in a safety deposit box" option

Recourse is better than none

Didn't know that - by 'pin', I meant paperclip, anyway.

Paper clips rust or leave traces some other way. Do not attach anything to a will.

I know little about all these newfangled coins; I do know a fair bit about wills, and what can go wrong.

• Advertisement

Market taking dips, but NEO completely ignoring it (for now), still going up

NEO taking the piss at the moment

If you think NEO is doing well just check out how its sibling (Antcoins)GAS is doing. Up over 100% in the last 24 hrs.

https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/gas/

If you think NEO is doing well just check out how its sibling (Antcoins)GAS is doing. Up over 100% in the last 24 hrs.

https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/gas/

sibling of NEO? :confused:

lawred2 wrote: »
    sibling of NEO? :confused:

Sibling/derivative. What ever you want to call it.:)

If you go back to post 2787 on page No.186 "Grumpypants" explains it quite well but owning Antshares(NEO) and having them stored in an official NEO wallet they will generate small amounts of Antcoins(GAS) every day you keep it in the wallet. That's my understanding of it. I havn't got the wallet up loaded yet, it's still downloading the blockchain. I will report back when I do start to generate some GAS.

Regards

Aidan

Sibling/derivative. What ever you want to call it.:)

Like a fork? clone? What's it's life story/purpose?

Does it have some functional relationship with NEO?

• Advertisement

Like a fork? clone? What's it's life story/purpose?

Does it have some functional relationship with NEO?

See above explination, but go back to post 2787 to get a better idea.

See above explination, but go back to post 2787 to get a better idea.

oh yeah those associated coins - ok I know about those.

you confused me when you said sibling. Thought there was a fork I'd missed along the way.

carry on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

NEO taking the piss at the moment
    There was a correction earlier in the week to $15 but the current price is likely down to the Japan trip and how GAS is trading. The price is not normal there and might be a reflection of what happened with BCH where its rarity on exchanges is giving it an artificial high. 
    What I wonder now is if ANS will correct again or keep moving up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

OMG also going mad, up 42% in the last 24 hours

Sold my neo that I left on the exchange, bought it for 4€ each so impossible not to take profit. 100 in the wallet generating neo coins.

If people took my advice is this thread few weeks back and bought Xel, neo and OMG you would be laughing all the way to the bank, they all went x3 x4

Market is on fire.

DNT is a good one for now before it gets added to bittrex, don't think it's too late but went up 50% today but if it dips it could be a good one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

KilOit wrote: »

DNT is a good one for now before it gets added to bittrex, don't think it's too late but went up 50% today but if it dips it could be a good one

Looks like the buy in finished on August 1st unless I am reading it wrong.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Looks like the buy in finished on August 1st unless I am reading it wrong.

Buy on liqui.io, **** exchange but can move it into Myetherwallet after for a cost of 50 DNT
    The devs have to pay a fee to list on bittrex to comply with Sec rules afaik, pretty confident it'll get added soon to Bittrex and if it does it should increase a good bit, good buzz on certain chatrooms about this coin so it's worth punt imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Neo rocketing over 950..no 970k, wait 980

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

Just check my NEO balance , it's stands at > 10k USD

There is a crazy amount of buys/demand on Bittrex exchange at present !!!! People are going absolutely nuts buying up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is it actually trading though or is it just most peoples inability to buy and sell thats driving the scarcity? Is it true its a copy and paste of ETH with only 2 developers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭McCrack

I think its moving too fast, there will be corrections but ive a lot of confidence in it.

ICOs are being launched soon on its platform. Its really going to pump it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

I havn't got the wallet up loaded yet, it's still downloading the blockchain. I will report back when I do start to generate some GAS.
    My comp has been downloading and syncing the blockchain also ........ FOR 22 HOURS NOW ! Still no sign or appearance of being anywhere completed.
    This is feckin' bollox, frankly. I'm regretting I bought this sh!t. I'm a gonna shut off and cancel this downloading now, and tomorrow sell off these NEO. I don't care if they eventually go "to da moon".
    TBH, if a supposedly hi-tech ecosystem and it's team of expert developers cannot serve up a simple straightforward Light Wallet, then, I don't have much confidence in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

My comp has been downloading and syncing the blockchain also ........ FOR 22 HOURS NOW ! Still no sign or appearance of being anywhere completed.
    This is feckin' bollox, frankly. I'm regretting I bought this sh!t. I'm a gonna shut off and cancel this downloading now, and tomorrow sell off these NEO. I don't care if they eventually go "to da moon".
    TBH, if a supposedly hi-tech ecosystem and it's team of expert developers cannot serve up a simple straightforward Light Wallet, then, I don't have much confidence in it.

Has it stopped syncing? Mine took around an hour to fully sync. Few people have reported that if it stops you might have to restart it a few times.

No, it hasn't stopped syncing. It's been syncing for almost 24 hours.
    I've had enough of it; have stopped it now.
    I haven't the stomach to persevere trying to restart it multiple times.
    I'm out of it tomorrow. But thanks for the help and advice.

Capture%20X_zps9higt6xf.png

Actually, I forgot to say -- this was the second time I tried downloading it. You may remember I asked a few days ago how long it would take.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Bought NEO this afternoon. Was gutted I did not go in earlier in the week as I wanted. Anyway still skyrocketing.
    Undoubtedly will correct and come down. I sorta hope it does as I'll buy more, I fully believe in this long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

$32 NEO , $18 NEO GAS. What a run. Bought another 4. I remember the days when you could get 4 Neo for €20. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

$XRB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I bought into neo when it was antshares at $5. Unfortunately I couldn't invest much so it almost feels like the one that got away. Still doing pretty well out of it though

so bought a couple neo myself.... what wallets are poeple using?.... i set up a web wallet quickly.....
    it looks like you need to have both the wallet file and password to keep safe... lose either and you are buggered ... correct me if im wrong

where is the web wallet?

is it app.antshares.org?

where is the web wallet?

is it app.antshares.org?

https://neo.org/download this one linked to earlier has a web wallet link... I selected first one and set it up following a YouTube video... I'm gonna set up a desktop one when I get the chance.... Also need to figure out how to keep it secure

jobless wrote: »
    https://neo.org/download this one linked to earlier has a web wallet link... I selected first one and set it up following a YouTube video... I'm gonna set up a desktop one when I get the chance.... Also need to figure out how to keep it secure

that web wallet is the exact same as app.antshares.org (well it looks the exact same - the ip addresses don't match)

which web wallet are people using here?

before I go moving anything off the exchange

it's just gone past $40

• Advertisement

that web wallet is the exact same as app.antshares.org (well it looks the exact same - the ip addresses don't match)

which web wallet are people using here?

before I go moving anything off the exchange

I created an empty wallet on app.antshares.org and backed it up

I then restored using the neowallet.cn using the backup file and password..

there were some script errors and insecure requests with the app.antshares.org site where none exist with neowallet.cn

Looks to me that neowallet.cn is the one to prefer

I'll wait for someone to confirm that they are using it before I send anything over

Advertisement