Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Loan

Options
  • 22-03-2013 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I've applied for a Masters course so I will need to pay the 6,000e fees, not to mention living expenses while at college, I have a part time job but I am seriously considering leaving it for my MA as the workload is going to be so high and my part time job would require me to travel back across the county at weekends (I did this during my undergrad and hated it). So is there any banks/credit facilities that would allow me to pay back when i've completed my MA and have found a full-time job or would i be expected to pay back my loan on a monthly basis? (which should i keep my job, i could never afford)....please help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Depends on the course and college.

I have a loan with BOI interest free until I graduate although that was for undergrad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Some credit unions offer a lower interest loan for college fees. I know with the bank of Ireland loans they except a payment monthly and clear the balance after a year or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

hfallada wrote: »
    Some credit unions offer a lower interest loan for college fees. I know with the bank of Ireland loans they except a payment monthly and clear the balance after a year or two

My BOI loan is a balloon payment once I graduate or it can be restructured into a low interest student loan starting on the day I graduate.

Advertisement