Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance Query.

Options
  • 22-03-2013 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi i got my health insurance renewal too day from laya health for the first of may its Essential first at its 582Euro i looked at there web site this minute at its 453euro am i missing some thing hear thanks.?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I think the lower price would be for new customers only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Hi i got my health insurance renewal too day from laya health for the first of may its Essential first at its 582Euro i looked at there web site this minute at its 453euro am i missing some thing hear thanks.?:confused:

Laya are offering a once off 10% discount to new policies taken out online, and they're increasing their prices on 1st April. When I get a quote for your plan on 1st April it comes in at €524, which is 10% less than what your renewal is, so the prices are unfortunately right.

According to the Health Insurance Authority's website, laya are launching a new plan called Essential Secure on 1st April for €500, so you should ask them about that and see if it's the same as your current plan. Or you could ask them what you need do to get that 10% discount offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭County rebel

NuMarvel wrote: »
    Laya are offering a once off 10% discount to new policies taken out online, and they're increasing their prices on 1st April. When I get a quote for your plan on 1st April it comes in at €524, which is 10% less than what your renewal is, so the prices are unfortunately right.

According to the Health Insurance Authority's website, laya are launching a new plan called Essential Secure on 1st April for €500, so you should ask them about that and see if it's the same as your current plan. Or you could ask them what you need do to get that 10% discount offer.
    Thanks for the information I have until may 1st to make up my mind also see in the small print the government have a levy of 350euro.More tax .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭fullgas

I just booked my Health Insurance - Laya Essential First. It was due for renewal on the 1st April 2013. The price I was quoted was €523, I started the cover a day early (31/03/2013) before the price increase and got it for €416.55 :) Delighted with myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Probably a 11 month contract though not 12 so your renewal next year will be March 1st 2014.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭fullgas

broker2008 wrote: »
    Probably a 11 month contract though not 12 so your renewal next year will be March 1st 2014.

No it's a 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Laya only have start dates on the 1st of the month.

Advertisement