Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows and Norton

Options
  • 23-03-2013 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi folks I'm driving myself mad here. I have windows 7 on my lap top and Microsoft have new updates which are been installed on my laptop automatically when I shut down. Now that is ok but when I restart my comp with new updates it will not connect to the Internet saying norton is not installed correctly, now don't get me started on norton it would be easier get into fort know as to uninstall that. So to get connected to the Internet I have to uninstall the updates every time and then it allows me to connect to the Internet ok but of course when I shut down Groundhog Day starts over again

Please someone help, I did not realise I was so rubbish at computers ha ha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Use revo uninstaller to help you get rid of Norton. You can decide after you have done your updates if you want to put it on again. Go to your laptop maker's website to see if there are any new driver updates that windows hasn't automatically updated. My own anti virus preferences are Microsoft security essentials (free) or Nod 32 (paid)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

thatsmyboy wrote: »
    Hi folks I'm driving myself mad here. I have windows 7 on my lap top and Microsoft have new updates which are been installed on my laptop automatically when I shut down. Now that is ok but when I restart my comp with new updates it will not connect to the Internet saying norton is not installed correctly, now don't get me started on norton it would be easier get into fort know as to uninstall that. So to get connected to the Internet I have to uninstall the updates every time and then it allows me to connect to the Internet ok but of course when I shut down Groundhog Day starts over again

Please someone help, I did not realise I was so rubbish at computers ha ha
    Uninstall Norton (see here if you run into difficulties), then go to www.symantec.com and download the latest version that should (I think) work with your serial number. You may need to register with Symantec first. There are free av alternatives out there but if you have a subscription with norton and you are happy enough with it continue on the subscription until it expires

Nick

Advertisement