Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimming lights

Options
  • 23-03-2013 3:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else in the Celbridge area suffering from dimming of lights all evening? Got home about 5 and its been going on since then, random dimming of the main lights. Not enough to turn off tv or anything just like really mild power dips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Buffman

I haven't noticed anything myself, but my bulbs are CFLs so don't really flicker. Sometimes the immersion causes lights to dim when it flicks on, as it is one of the most power hungry things in most houses. Might be worth a check.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Noticed it in Maynooth a few times later in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Councillor

The lights dimming is caused by the high winds

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

yep, it's the weather causing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Or is it Earth Hour?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Thanks everyone, seems to be better this evening alright. OH stopped noticing it after a while so I was starting to think I was losing it! From mayo originally and when I see lights dimming I start rooting for candles as it always preceded us losing electricity. Probably why I'm so un-nerved by it!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

We experienced this too in the Robertstown area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Yeah had a bit of this in Maynooth too, had presumed it was due to the weather. Wasn't too bad though.

Advertisement