Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Name this game...

• 23-03-2013 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

This game randomly sprung into my head, annoying before I was about to go to bed, but no amount of Googling is providing results...so I've admitted defeat and turned to you fine people, who I know can help... :P

When I was a kid I bought a Playstation magazine, can't remember the name of the mag, but it would have been within the first year of the PS1 being released. The front cover and main story was of this game that I have a vague recollection of.

It was a third person shooter, possibly with the ability to go first person. Set in a futuristic spaceship maybe...but I seem to recall lots of metal/grey tiles, kind of like a science lab. I think you had to escape maybe, from an alien prison or test lab, there seemed to be stealth elements. You were a human, possibly in a brown leather jacket and blue jeans (that could be way off though), and the enemies were green aliens in spacesuits, although humanoid...possibly with glass bowls over their heads. Possibly.

And that's it...that's all I got! 3rd person, human, green alien enemies...it may not have even been a game, it may have been a tech demo, I seem to remember a lot of the "screenshots" were pre-rendered (though I probably didn't realise that at the time). The mag was hyping this as a massive title though, so I'm pretty sure it was eventually a game...anybody? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, definitely Fade to Black. Underrated game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I even played that game; I feel old now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I hate these threads. Only because I usually read the op, know what the game is, scroll down all excited and then find out that everyone else answered it first :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Wow, major nostalgia now for that game. Finished it, 'back in the day'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Oooh. I still have that.
    Thanks op. Now I have something to play :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Nody wrote: »
    Only ever played Flashback, myself. Would love to play Flashback again, but I've only ever found the shareware version (shareware > demo) of Flashback, and/or one that needs the code sheet (which I've long since lost).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

GarH wrote: »
    Oooh. I still have that.
    Thanks op. Now I have something to play :)

Prepare to have Rose Tinted glasses mode disengaged. With a harsh slap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Another World FTW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Nody wrote: »

But it was released in 1995, why would that make you feel old? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Trine

Yesss, Fade to Black, thank you.

Would love to find that magazine with the cover article, I'm pretty sure it was pre-release and heavily made up of pre-rendered shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Prepare to have Rose Tinted glasses mode disengaged. With a harsh slap.

butbutbutbutbutbutbut.....
    it's gameplay, not graphics :)

I still play a lot of my old ps1 games, and amiga games for that matter.
    And, if i'm honest, my c64.

Now I'm off to play some Armalyte :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well that is true but back when this game came out we were all a lot more forgiving of early 3D games. I used to love this game but it's so janky when you play it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Any news on the Flashback HD remake?

Advertisement