Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dismantling Aritech CS 250 panel

Options
  • 23-03-2013 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

The keypad in my Aritech CS250 is becoming difficult to set. Grateful if anyone would give guidance as to how to dismantle the panel to clean the contacts without the alarm activating . I assume that opening the panel will activate the alarm ? According to the manual I can disable the system using the quick code 47. I really don't want to purchase a new control panel as it is working fine apart from the keypad.
    Many thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

makfli wrote: »
    The keypad in my Aritech CS250 is becoming difficult to set. Grateful if anyone would give guidance as to how to dismantle the panel to clean the contacts without the alarm activating . I assume that opening the panel will activate the alarm ? According to the manual I can disable the system using the quick code 47. I really don't want to purchase a new control panel as it is working fine apart from the keypad.
    Many thanks for any help

There is a screw at the base of the keypad. Take this out. To the left as you look at the keypad you will also see there are two clips. Push these in gently to release the front face off the keypad. The alarm will activate but simply put in your code to disarm from alarm. Clean off the residue under the rubber keys should fix the issue.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Interesting timing as just got word that this panel is being discontinued.
    Another good tip here is to clean all the contacts on the keypad with a wipe sprayed with a small amount of WD40. You will be amazed what comes off it.

Advertisement