Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay by Sterling draft or Lazer card?

Options
  • 23-03-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi folks...help please! We are getting a family car from Belfast next week. We need to pay £14250, & the dealer said they would accept a sterling bank draft or debit card. Does anyone know which would work out cheaper? Regarding the exchange rates, commission& bank charges? Suggestions much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Impossible to tell really.

As either way will be through the same bank the rates would be close enough. Also the may be a limit to the amount you can process through the card leaving you with multiple transactions.

If it was me I'd use the bank draft.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Shop around for the best exchange rates AND service charges on a sterling draft.

IIRC Laser cards used to have a limit per transaction (€1,500 ?) as well as a limited number of transactions for each 24-hour period so I don't think that'll work for you.

Advertisement