Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Break studying

Options
  • 23-03-2013 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Wondering how much studying to be doing over easter. I got 470 points in mocks and need 430 (+20 at most to be safe) but I want to go for 500+ because I think I can. I'm taking a part of an exam or full exam each day (french oral one day, Irish p1 one day, business another etc.) from 9-5 with a 20 min break and an hour break with full exam paper at the end of the day (2-5ish). I'm going to take my birthday off next wednesday and maybe the weekend before we're back. Is that the kind of thing people who want high points are doing or are you doing more? I still have 5 o clock onwards every day to do my own thing, but I could cut into that slightly if needed. Thanks in advance:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dani Pacheco

Wondering how much studying to be doing over easter. I got 470 points in mocks and need 430 (+20 at most to be safe) but I want to go for 500+ because I think I can. I'm taking a part of an exam or full exam each day (french oral one day, Irish p1 one day, business another etc.) from 9-5 with a 20 min break and an hour break with full exam paper at the end of the day (2-5ish). I'm going to take my birthday off next wednesday and maybe the weekend before we're back. Is that the kind of thing people who want high points are doing or are you doing more? I still have 5 o clock onwards every day to do my own thing, but I could cut into that slightly if needed. Thanks in advance:)

Setting times on study can often be the wrong approach. The best way to do it is to say to do XYZ this day and abc the other because there is a risk of coming five o clock and thinking "ah **** it, there's my few hours done" and quitting half way through a topic and not learning it properly.
    If you really want to achieve top marks, you'll have to be prepared to go past 5 o clock, and a fair bit longer than that.
    You're in an ideal position to capitalize on good mocks though and very high marks are extremely achievable if you keep her lit now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Well I think going from 9-5 for 13 of the 16 days of the break is pretty good for yourself if you want to achieve 500+ points. However why don't to do even better than just getting 500 points. If put in more hours you might get 525, 550, 575 or even 600+ and it'll be well worth it in the end! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 karlobrien_

Setting times on study can often be the wrong approach. The best way to do it is to say to do XYZ this day and abc the other because there is a risk of coming five o clock and thinking "ah **** it, there's my few hours done" and quitting half way through a topic and not learning it properly.
    If you really want to achieve top marks, you'll have to be prepared to go past 5 o clock, and a fair bit longer than that.
    You're in an ideal position to capitalize on good mocks though and very high marks are extremely achievable if you keep her lit now :)

I know what you mean. I'm doing that to an extent by starting a full exam paper at 3 right through until 5.30 or however long it takes, i said 5 just as a guideline.The day up until 3 is divided into sections of the exam, giving each part as much time as they need. I'll keep that in mind though,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

How is 9-5 not enough for a day?? :( I really don't think you can do many more hours than that and still be able to say that you're studying efficiently.

Advertisement