Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Helmet Lock

• 23-03-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Anyone know a shop or online where I might pick up a lock for locking the helmet to the bike.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Would you not just get a cheap cable, chain or U bolt and lock it?.

Try not leave it on or hear the ground or you'll find dogs will piss into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Carry it FFS !! You have no idea what's happening to it when its locked to the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

If you want to leave it with the bike you need a top box. You don't want to be the victim of some snotty nosed prankster.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 monuworks

KTRIC wrote: »
    Carry it FFS !! You have no idea what's happening to it when its locked to the bike.

Agree with what your saying, but would'nt have asked the question if I was going to carry it.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 monuworks

If you want to leave it with the bike you need a top box. You don't want to be the victim of some snotty nosed prankster.

Thought of that but I have a 03 cbr 600f and not sure if I can fit a top box as there does'nt seem to be any brackets for the rack but I stand corrected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Helmet locks are no good in Ireland. Even if you can secure it adequately, it will just be something for some mindless leech on society to vandalise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Why not go down the route of finding a nice backback that takes a Helmet. Some fit inside like a Kriega and some attach to the back of the backpack very securely and look very well.

I would not leave a helmet worth any kind of money near a bike TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Helmet locks are no good in Ireland. Even if you can secure it adequately, it will just be something for some mindless leech on society to vandalise.

Or piss into!!!

As previously suggested, carry it or stick it in a backpack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

A topbox can be better, if not too secure, but secure enough to deter the casual vandal. The problem is that so many helmets don't quite fit. Some people tie helmets into chains, and if it doesn't get vandalised or pissed into, the weather will just turn it into a safety hazard. Carry it, not really wise to leave it on the bike, ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Id suggest the backpack. I just used the cover that was provided with the helmet and sling it around my shoulder.

First thing I was told though when i parked up my bike with my dad was to never leave your helmet on the ground, unless you like it smelling of piss :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

there is a little u shaped clip under the seat where you can lock the helmet D ring strap under the seat on my bike, (Fazer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Notch000 wrote: »
    there is a little u shaped clip under the seat where you can lock the helmet D ring strap under the seat on my bike, (Fazer)

Some wanker will just cut the strap and be off with your lid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,401 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Guy I know left a lid on the ground when on tour in Italy, wasn't vandalised, wasn't pissed in, but a colony of ants decided his lid was very interesting, he was shaking them out for a couple of days :eek:

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement