Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House close to foreclosure

Options
  • 23-03-2013 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All

I am looking for some advice, we needed to move house last year, but our home was in negative equity, we rented it and rented a house closer to work.

We really like the house we are renting but I found out some worrying information, the guy I am renting from has not paid the mortgage in 2-3 years, letters keep flying through the letter box but he doesn't even collect them, we pay our rent into a different bank a/c than the one he has his mortgage!

Lately there has being hand delivered letters to him when we get home so the bank is obviously trying to catch up with him, we both work so unless they call on a Saturday they won't get us.

Two problems exist for us, firstly when it all blows up could we get chucked out? And secondly I don't know who to approach about trying to buy the house.?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Yes you could be chucked out. Tell the landlord you want to put an offer on the house and ask him to contact his bank about it.

Advertisement