Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nasty taste from T3 replacement heater and making me feel ill

Options
  • 23-03-2013 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

So,

I just replaced the heater part of my Kanger T3 and since I've replaced it I'm getting that nasty 'new atomiser' taste. You know the one. Anyway, I'm well used to this taste from when I used the eGo atties, but I didn't have this taste from the Kanger when I first got it, only when I replaced the heater part.

Now, the part is 3rd party it seems. It looks different than the original anyway. The taste is still comin out of it after a few days, and it smells metallic and generally nasty. Worst of all, it's been making me feel pretty ill over the last few days. Gives me the same feeling I get from soldering; dizzy, nauseous and cloudy headed.

Has anyone else experienced this? Which replacement heaters do you usually buy for your Kanger? I won't be buying one of these ones again.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Sounds like a Dud head.You can fix it with a little bit of niggling around but you'd probably be better off getting another head.The metallic taste sounds like the coil is touching off a bit of metal in the head burning it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Most Irish Vendors who sell the Kangers also sell the replacement heads. So generally if you buy a Kanger from an Irish Vendor you're getting original geniune Kanger clearomisers and geniune Kanger heads (heaters/atomisers/whatever you wanna call them).

Also no I've never experienced this before. Personally I don't buy Kangers myself anymore as I have too many issue with them, mainly gurgling which drives me insane. I prefer cartos, carto tanks, vivi novas, vapeonly bccs (all of which I've never had any problem with myself) and this new Kanger ProTank coming soon looks like it could be good too.

I used to use eGo attys but would find they'd sometimes give a burnt taste. I read someone somewhere gave the reason for it and provided a solution for this but I can't remember. I found the draw on them a little too stiff, so I kinda gave up on using them. Might pull the out and use them again one day...

If your kanger head (heater) looks different than the original that's probably the problem. Get a genuine replacement one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Cheers dudes. I bought this one from thebestshop where I generally buy all my stuff. I didn't realise when I bought it that it wouldn't be a genuine Kanger head. And looking on other sites, none of them indicate whether they are genuine or not. Kind of annoying. I'm gonna buy some new ones on Monday anyway, it's got to the point that I'm really not enjoying vaping, which is a first!

WRT Kangers in general, I like them. The gurgling is kinda annoying alright, but overall I'm very happy with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Gurgling only occurs when juice gets down that centre hole. Annoying, as it can happen so easily, you just have to be more careful when filling than a cart tank.

I bought a couple of Ego LCD batteries from thebestshop which turned out to be third partytoo. I was annoyed about that, as they just don't feel as solid, the button especially. But, they are a good site for juices and cheap bits and bobs, I suppose you come to expect you don't get genuine for budget prices.

Gurgling only occurs when juice gets down that centre hole. Annoying, as it can happen so easily, you just have to be more careful when filling than a cart tank.

Gurgling doesn't just occur when you're filling. If it just happened when I filled it and spilled liquid in the center tube I'd be happy.

The problem I have with them gurgling usually occurs when they're getting close to empty, like 0.8mls approx. Or if you leave them alone for a long time, pick it up and it's gurgling. Also some other random times when they gurgle for no apparent reason.

The cause of it is liquid getting into the center tube but remember there is a hole in the center tube (even when it's all closed up tightly) which is there for the wick to pull the liquid into. The problem is when too much liquid gets in through this wick hole.

For this reason Kangers are a bit of a pain in my arse. There are tutorials out there on how to 'fix' them / modify them to stop this happening. However I just use atomisers now which don't have this issue.

• Advertisement

pinksoir wrote: »
    Cheers dudes. I bought this one from thebestshop where I generally buy all my stuff. I didn't realise when I bought it that it wouldn't be a genuine Kanger head. And looking on other sites, none of them indicate whether they are genuine or not. Kind of annoying. I'm gonna buy some new ones on Monday anyway, it's got to the point that I'm really not enjoying vaping, which is a first!

WRT Kangers in general, I like them. The gurgling is kinda annoying alright, but overall I'm very happy with mine.

TheBestShop is usually good (as are all the ones I frequent) so try sending Bart a message through his facebook page http://www.facebook.com/thebestshop.ireland.9?fref=ts

Explain to him what happened via a private message and I'm sure he'll sort you out.

I never got any none geniune stuff from him before. I know the eGo LCD batteries aren't made by Joyetech for example, so if you are buying those well... it's impossible to get geniunue Joyetech brand ones. So knowing that you know what to expect when you're buying.

However, if you're buying Kanger heads... unless it stipulates otherwise, you'd expect to get geninue Kanger heads, not some generic brand.

I'm pretty sure he'd have to stipulate that on his site as it could be seen as being misleading otherwise. So just message him. I'm sure he'll sort you out without any bother what so ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

I bought a couple of Ego LCD batteries from thebestshop which turned out to be third partytoo. I was annoyed about that, as they just don't feel as solid, the button especially. But, they are a good site for juices and cheap bits and bobs, I suppose you come to expect you don't get genuine for budget prices.

just on the point above - 'original' ego batteries [the ones designed by janty/manufactured under licence by joyetech] never had LCD displays, so these wouldn't strictly be 3rd party as such - just a different product.

op when you fill any clearomizer you could try leaving it for a few minutes for the wick to soak before you start vaping, and if you're using VV batteries start on a low voltage and work your way up. if you fill a clearo and start straight away on a high voltage you could be burning the wick and that manky taste never leaves the head. also what kind of juice are you using in it? i have a few thicker juices when i used the t3s and they never wicked right - removing one of the wicks solved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bob32

ecigshop in Shannon Co.Clare dose Genuine Kangertech ™ product. replacement coil

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I got my three dud T2s from TBS as well:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056900485

The packaging wasn't the same as the ones from ESI as well, unfortunately ESI have been out of stock for the last two weeks of T2 heads :( I'm reboiling one old head I have like a mad thing. Can't believe it's still going!

jamie72 wrote: »
    I got my three dud T3s from TBS as well:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056900485

The packaging wasn't the same as the ones from ESI as well, unfortunately ESI have been out of stock for the last two weeks of T2 heads :( I'm reboiling one old head I have like a mad thing. Can't believe it's still going!

Vivi novas, you can rebuild them easy.

Cartos in a tank

Job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I may have to migrate, love my T2s though because I'm familiar with them. Emailed ESI on Friday to see what's going on with the stock, but I haven't heard back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

You've highlighted a real concern for me: the legitimacy of the products. Is the battery a legitimate one or an exploding knock off? Is the e-liquid made by a professional lab or is it knocked together with lead paint in some Chinese sweat shop / some blokes bath tub?

I really get the 'head shop' vibe from some of this still tbh and it worries me. Just because you can buy it legally doesn't mean it is ok.

I'm trusting in Ovale as they seem good quality and their liquid is made by a pharmaceutical company.

Is the e-liquid made by a professional lab or is it knocked together with lead paint in some Chinese sweat shop / some blokes bath tub?

to be honest, in order to get juice with lead paint from some guys bath tub you're going to have to look pretty damn hard and follow leads down parts of the interwebs you wouldn't be going down anyway - as far as i can see. maybe i'm beign naiive here? even dekang - where they might not use top quality flavourings - as in the nuances of flavour profiles you might get from more expensive liquids - is made in a certified proffessional lab.

artyeva wrote: »
    to be honest, in order to get juice with lead paint from some guys bath tub you're going to have to look pretty damn hard and follow leads down parts of the interwebs you wouldn't be going down anyway - as far as i can see. maybe i'm beign naiive here? even dekang - where they might not use top quality flavourings - as in the nuances of flavour profiles you might get from more expensive liquids - is made in a certified proffessional lab.

That's cool, and I'm pretty sure I'm being paranoid. However, my issue is that the Mephadrone stuff was made in professional labs and it was absoluetly horrendous stuff...

Just because it is leagal / made in a professional lab doesn't mean it is remotely safe or healthy.

I'm not going down the analogues are worse argument here, I know they are. I'm concerned that the flavours etc are not that safe. There's no long term studies, obviously, and you have to trust that one professional lab has the same high standards of other ones scattered around the world.

That's cool, and I'm pretty sure I'm being paranoid. However, my issue is that the Mephadrone stuff was made in professional labs and it was absoluetly horrendous stuff...

Just because it is leagal / made in a professional lab doesn't mean it is remotely safe or healthy.

I'm not going down the analogues are worse argument here, I know they are. I'm concerned that the flavours etc are not that safe. There's no long term studies, obviously, and you have to trust that one professional lab has the same high standards of other ones scattered around the world.

meh. i'm not going to get tangled into a discussion on whether pg/vg/distlled water/food colouring is any more/less safe than meow meow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

In my experience it doesnt matter how careful you are when it comes to filling the Kanger (T3),it will still flood:mad:.I know people who love them and people who loathe therm.

pinksoir wrote: »
    So,

I just replaced the heater part of my Kanger T3 and since I've replaced it I'm getting that nasty 'new atomiser' taste. You know the one. Anyway, I'm well used to this taste from when I used the eGo atties, but I didn't have this taste from the Kanger when I first got it, only when I replaced the heater part.

Now, the part is 3rd party it seems. It looks different than the original anyway. The taste is still comin out of it after a few days, and it smells metallic and generally nasty. Worst of all, it's been making me feel pretty ill over the last few days. Gives me the same feeling I get from soldering; dizzy, nauseous and cloudy headed.

Has anyone else experienced this? Which replacement heaters do you usually buy for your Kanger? I won't be buying one of these ones again.

It can be hit or miss when it comes to the quality of replacement heads.
    I've had heads from certain vendors for the kanger T3,CE4 V3,Vivi Nova etc that were totally dead,kinda worked and worked ok.
    It can be extremely frustrating.
    Try from a few different vendors but as I said,even if you get a good batch the next might be sub-standard.
    I do get that ill-feeling from time to time.God knows what that is!Could be a reaction to the juice,nicotine strength,faulty heads....:confused::confused:

just on the point above - 'original' ego batteries [the ones designed by janty/manufactured under licence by joyetech] never had LCD displays, so these wouldn't strictly be 3rd party as such - just a different product.

They sell them as Joyetech, the firt 1000mah one I got was fine. Solid, works well. The 2 650mah ones I ordered later are lesser quality, they feel cheap, the button is wriggly and a different shape, the LCD display is a different colour [more white than the blue of the first] and when they're charging they keep blinking :/

I wouldn't mind what make they were so long as they work well. I wonder if they're even proper 650, as they don't even seem as powerful as the first 650 ego C batts I got in the kit.

I got 2 replacement heads for my T2's today, and they're long wick. Originally they came with short. Just replaced one and cleaned out the tank and it's working well, no burnt taste, nice :) They were €2 each on thebestshop. So, you get 5 replacements for under the price of 2 full clearo's. I'll be getting those in future.

Though I just ordered some of the new Kanger ones, the ones with coloured barrel. Thought they might be better, but after looking around some more people are complaining about leaking and condensation issues. WIll see once they arrive and I test them out.

They sell them as Joyetech

they don't though, they sell them as ego batteries - ego referring to the threading/design. the original joyetechs on his site are clearly marked as joyetechs.

Gah, I think I actually got the extra 2 LCD batts from another site! As my order record on there doesn't show them :/ ordered so much lately from various sites I get mixed up. Wasn't thebestshop anyway it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Thanks for all the replies.

The taste has gone now, and so has the ill feeling. I got the same thing from regular Ego atties too before but not to this degree. Apparently it can be caused by bits of junk left in them by the machining. Not good anyway. If I unscrewed the battery and smelled the bottom of the head, I could smell the same metallic, solder-y odour that I was tasting. That cannot be good for the lungs. I felt like I was inhaling corrosive chemicals or something. It made me trip out like I was doing solvents. Gross.

Anyway, I didn't want to complain to Bart about a €2 piece of kit. I've had issues in the past and he's always dealt with them very cordially. I'm just concerned that maybe there's something dodgy going on; anything that makes you feel sick is a bad sign.

Hopefully it was just a one off with that particular head, but I doubt it.

So, who uses T3s and where do you buy your heads. Ones that don't make you feel ill :)

thebestshop.eu are good for all types of clearo's. I've ordere some of the newer Kanger evods

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/239-kanger-evod-clearomizer.html

Will let you know how I get on with those. They're usually good at delivering fast.

Atm I have the Kanger T2 types, which originally came with short wick. I ordered some replacement heads at €2 a pop and was delighted when they arrived, they have long wicks! They work so much better. Not had a burny vape all day after replacing 2 of them.

meh. i'm not going to get tangled into a discussion on whether pg/vg/distlled water/food colouring is any more/less safe than meow meow :p

Sorry I put that very badly, it was the first example that came to mind. I wasn't trying to suggest they were remotely on a par with each other. The fact that the alternative to VG/PG etc is cigarettes is also a huge factor. Cigarettes are absolutely horrendous for your health.

Sorry I gave the wrong tone there, I am sticking with a few vendors in Ireland who seem very professional and are stocking the legitimate products, not the knock offs. There's just that concern around fake batteries, and the sourcing of some of the liquids. Not endemic to the industry or anything melodramatic, just one of those things I would personally like to see tightend up, and something others considering vaping have raised with me!

Meow meow was bloody awful though, wasn't it!

Edit: in the interests of consistency I bet you expect me to say something melodramatic and storm off... Well I won't! I'D RATHER DIE!

;)

My Kanger evods arrived this morning. Those dudes at best shop are fast!

Nice looking body, BUT ... whoever came up with the clear mouthpiece design! well, it's awful. You cannot replace it, it's glued on there, and transparent! So after not long usage you get to see lovely condensation/moisture build up all over the inside of the mouthpiece. Looks terrible. I wonder is there some way to replace it?

I bought 4 of them! Gah.

On a more positive note, they work like a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Nice looking body, BUT ... whoever came up with the clear mouthpiece design! well, it's awful. You cannot replace it, it's glued on there, and transparent! So after not long usage you get to see lovely condensation/moisture build up all over the inside of the mouthpiece. Looks terrible. I wonder is there some way to replace it?

I bought 4 of them! Gah.

Tipex :-)

Ha, would look like one of my old school pens :D

I have thought on painting it, but of course it would have to be a good, non toxic paint that won't peel off.

I bought 4 of them! Gah.

Would you message me in a while and let me know how they go?

I got one and it gurgles when the liquid get's low. I could top it up but... it's still got liquid in it. This in effect makes the working capacity of it less than the actual capacity.

I bought 4 of them! Gah.

Keep me posted.I'd be very interested to see if these suffer from
    the same issues as the Skanger:D T3.

StickyIcky wrote: »
    I could top it up but... it's still got liquid in it.

If its like the T3 just stick it upside-down and fill it:)

• Advertisement

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Would you message me in a while and let me know how they go?

I got one and it gurgles when the liquid get's low. I could top it up but... it's still got liquid in it. This in effect makes the working capacity of it less than the actual capacity.

Seems to me as though Kangertech haven't addressed the flooding problem @ all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bx-1INfgHl4#!

:mad:

Must admit,the Pro-Tank looks class.

Advertisement