Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nasty taste from T3 replacement heater and making me feel ill

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

If its like the T3 just stick it upside-down and fill it:)

:rolleyes: and there I was standing on my head and trying to fill it up the normal way

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

StickyIcky wrote: »
    :rolleyes: and there I was standing on my head and trying to fill it up the normal way

Good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Ok, I've been using the Kanger evods all day now. Filled 3 of them with different juices, all worked fine. A little gurgling from one, because I think a dribble got in there when filling. Definitely a needle-nosed bottle jobby. I let one run out completely and it vaped all the way. I have just washed one out, took the head apart and gave it a good rinse, it's currently drying so will see how that one goes tomorrow.

Ok, I've been using the Kanger evods all day now. Filled 3 of them with different juices, all worked fine. A little gurgling from one, because I think a dribble got in there when filling. Definitely a needle-nosed bottle jobby. I let one run out completely and it vaped all the way. I have just washed one out, took the head apart and gave it a good rinse, it's currently drying so will see how that one goes tomorrow.

Do keep me informed. I would rather quite like mine if it wasn't such a finicky gurgly little biatch sometimes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭GobblyNob

Do keep me informed. I would rather quite like mine if it wasn't such a finicky gurgly little biatch sometimes.

My evod arrived this morn, been using it all day. Not even a single bubble of a gurlge. Seems like a quality control issue.

• Advertisement

GobblyNob wrote: »
    Not even a single bubble of a gurlge. Seems like a quality control issue.

Will you let me know if you do happen to come across any issues?
    How would you compare it to the T3?(assuming you've used it)

Cheers :)

Will you let me know if you do happen to come across any issues?
    How would you compare it to the T3?(assuming you've used it)

Cheers :)

Haven't used the T3... but I'll report back here if any issues arise anyway.

LoL ... guess what. It started gurgling. Dunno what caused it. It happened right after I gave it to my friend to try on his battery... hmmm.

Anyway, I fixed it in about 5 seconds. Rolled one sheet of bog roll into a stick and stuck it down the mouth piece until it reached the coils. Poked it around a bit. Now there's no gurgle. Hopefully it doesn't happen too often.

Anyway, if yours constantly gurgles, maybe you could try this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/1b0ego/how_to_stop_flooding_in_a_bcc_cartomizer/

I wonder do these companies just say to themselves "well theres not much expectation when it comes to our products so why bother..."

Thanks for the link Gobbly.The silicon cap method has to be worth a try.

I've had a gurgly eVod. Basically it gurgles when it's almost empty. I think this could just be part in parcel of using a bottom coil clearo.

I made the silicon cap as shown in the tutorial linked above from reddit.

Should know soon if it makes an improvement or not.

• Advertisement

That definitely made an improvement I didn't get any gurgling and the tank is for all intents and purposes empty. Yay.

My recommendation would be to follow the guide, using the 'condoms' that a cartomiser comes in (the silicon ends which cover the top and buttom) but first do a practise run on the end which is flat that covers the bottom of the carto. Then do a real run on the end which has the little nipple on it. Basically you want to carefully slice that little nipple out with a very sharp blade. The hole has to be perfect. Once you've done that trim it as shown in the pic and jobs a good one. It works.

I did see another tutorial out there which claims to fix the gurgling by adding an extra wick or something, haven't tried it though.

So really... they could fix the gurgling issue in manufacturing based on this findings if they made the silicone grommet bigger.

I'm going to run a few more tanks through it though before I make any final conclusions. This is first tank and first impression. So far so good.

That's great that it seems to be working so far.Be interesting to see how it holds up after prolonged use.

I may have to mug a small group of youths as I cant find a sharp blade anywhere!!

Is the extra seal still holding up?

They do seem very hit and miss. Like one that's perfectly fine, no gurgling at all, will begin to gurgle on a second fill, without having been opened up. Very odd. I've tried everything, clean them out between uses, blowing through them when emptied, dry burning them .... they'll still gurgle now and then.

But none of them are perfect, some of my ego-C carts started leaking for no reason, I always make sure they're tight, and put on correctly.

Nothing worse than a mouthful of juice :/

How do you dry burn the Evod? I know how to dry burn a vision but what do you do with the two extra wicks on the evod? Just give em a rinse?

Yes GobblyNob the extra seal on my eVod is holding up. No gurgles since I fitted it. I'll message back if it fails, but so far so good. Only ran maybe 2-3 tanks through it so far so good though. Before it would gurgle at least once through a tank.

Dry burn the evod same way you dry burn anything. Not sure what two extra wicks you're talking about.

There are two extra wicks sitting on top of the coil...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I think its 1 wick but its layered, so it can come out in 1,2,3 etc. pieces.

There are two extra wicks sitting on top of the coil...

Oh right. I dunno I've a roll of silica so I'd just toss the extra wicking thats sitting on top of the coil in the bin and replace it with some new stuff that I'd cut fresh.

Also FYI apparently if you add an extra layer of silica wick on top it fixes the gurgling issue...

http://www.sun-vapers.com/how-to-prevent-gurgling-on-the-kanger-evod-and-kanger-t3-clearomizer/

How do you dry burn the Evod? I know how to dry burn a vision but what do you do with the two extra wicks on the evod? Just give em a rinse?

There should be either or? If you have hanging wicks and the 2 at the bottom ... sounds like you're using two different types at once, which would be impossible mind.

I have clearo's that have the hanging wick type, but none down bottom, and others, like the MT3, that only have those wicks down the bottom?

By dry burn I just mean no juice, fire it up, take some dry hits, don't inhale. Dries the wicks out. Otherwise, leave them to dry overnight, OR - I find a blast of a hair dryer works well for ones you can take apart. Only takes a few minutes this way.

• Advertisement

Was talking to Declan from ezSmoke.ie who btw is a pleasure to deal with,and he'll be getting in some of the new "MAXI" clearomizers which are supposed to be a remedy for most of the issues we encounter with FUKING CLEAROMIZERS!!!!:mad::):confused::D:mad:confused:....I'm ok now :)

http://www.centraltrade.eu/maxi-clearomizer-25ml-p-612.html

They look the tiits and check out the Genesis Cobra.

Expected to have the MAXI in stock within the next couple of weeks.

Declan from ezSmoke.ie is sound and I'd recommend dealing with him for sure. I'm going to order some of his "1st Choice" liquid off him soon as it's supposed to be VERY nice.

Those MAXI sound interesting but seem very similar to a Mini Vivi Nova. Which has none of the issues you get with a Kanger. They are more expensive and don't fit perfectly on an eGo (but what clearo really does..) Might get one of these Maxis and see.

That MAXI looks pretty much exactly the same as any other clearomizer. They even take the same coil head as the mini vivi novas.

More convenient and economical E-cigarette by using replaceable coil cylinder

Optimum performance by elaborate optimizing from air hole to heating part

Convenient Liquid refill system

Leakage problem solved by the Progressive leakage prevention system

High durability of infrangible clear body and metallic assembling parts

What is this shyte?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

If nothing else they are dirt cheap at €2 a pop.

Also, as said by Fr. Jack:
    That would be an infrangible matter.

€2 a pop.. ... wow... I'll take five

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

They'd be coming from the states though, someone PM Grindle so we can get a group buy going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

jamie72 wrote: »
    They'd be coming from the states though, someone PM Grindle so we can get a group buy going on.
    HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    *cutsownthroat*

jamie72 wrote: »

While he's at it he can order more wick and wire for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

According to the link below re T3's:

"KangerTech is sealing the atomizer heads. They are no longer in loose packaging. So if you suddenly get a head sealed on both ends this is now the norm"

http://www.sun-vapers.com/kanger-gate-guys-they-are-both-kanger-made-neither-are-fakes/

Farewell to anyone buying new units so...

• Advertisement

What does that mean? Head sealed at both ends? I can't find the info in the link.

Advertisement