Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions: Dublin City --> Casement Aerodrome Baldonnell ?

Options
  • 23-03-2013 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭

Hiya guys

Hoping someone can help me out with some directions. Need to make my way to the Casement Aerodrome in Baldonnell. I will be travelling from Sligo by train and once I get to Dublin city I will be lost :confused:

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The no. 68 bus from Hawkins Street would bring you near it. Hawkins Street is beside the Department of Health and Children (look for the ugliest building in Ireland) a couple of huindred metres from O'Connell Bridge on the south side. Its about 10 minutes walk from Connolly Station.

Someone else from that part of Dublin might know a better option perhaps a Naas bus?

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/68/

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Alternative to bus would be Luas: directly from Connolly (where the Sligo train comes into) to Cheeverstown, which would be a 20 min walk from Baldonnell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Excellent info guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I would say that it would be a bit longer of a walk from cheeverstown to casement. maybe 40 or 50 mins but with the Luas direct from Connolly it might still be the most handy route, if you get a taxi from there( cheverstown luas stop) it would be less than 10 mins.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

If you get the Luas, I would strongly suggest getting a taxi from Cheeverstown. The roads outside Baldonnell are dangerous, you'll be walking on lonely, country roads with LGVs.

You could also get the 68 and walk for 35-40 minutes but I suggest getting off before the intersection between New Road and R136 and getting a taxi from there. There are three 68v s everyday, they go via Balndonnell(literally outside the gate) but the times would be awkward for you: 6:40, 7:50 and 21:20 from Hawkin's Street and 17:00 from Greenogue towards the don and back to town.

I've had to make my way there everyday for a week in 2011 and it's far from easily accessible. Taxi won't take longer than 10 mins and will cost you around €15 (I could be off). Anyway, the aerodrome is a great place especially if you're into aviation and military and I hope you have a great time. Be careful getting there though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Get no 68 bus from Hawkins st to new road and get off just before the old polyhops pub, junction of new road and newcastle road, and the walk would be about 10 mins.

Advertisement