Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gym

• 23-03-2013 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Heard there is a new gym on the Kilrush Road somewhere. Does anybody know where, whats it like and if it's pay as you go?

I only come home once a month so would be handy for the weekends.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

If I'm correct the gym is at Liam clearys garage . A family member was telling me about it. They have a discount on at the moment but its a sign up and it's around the 100mark and class is about 20 minutes. I don't think they do pay as u go from what I was told as they had said they enjoyed it but they didn't have the payg option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

There's a good new one on the Kildysert Road too I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 John from ennis

golfball37 wrote: »
    There's a good new one on the Kildysert Road too I heard.
    i called to that "gym" today,it was closed:cool: funny feeling its being run by a non native.

called to the gym in liam clearys, formuley curves. these guys want hundreds of euro up front? wtf:eek: in this day an age? get lost i said. i have no doubt their sessions work,but a trip to your gp would be advisable after whet i was told. they work on a high protein diet..... the atkins diet,and if you do join up,you will only get 20 mins per session with a personal trainer........ thanks but no thanks for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

I think Ozone have dropped their upfront fee, you can pay by month, according to a friend of mine anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Why have the places stopped the upfront payg fee?

I get really annoyed when I see the prices at home. My gym in the UK charges£15 a month and way better equipped than the ones in town. Most expensive one here is £30 a month and you can pay on a month by month basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

i called to that "gym" today,it was closed:cool: funny feeling its being run by a non native.

called to the gym in liam clearys, formally curves. these guys want hundreds of euro up front? wtf:eek: in this day an age? get lost i said. i have no doubt their sessions work,but a trip to your gp would be advisable after whet i was told. they work on a high protein diet..... the atkins diet,and if you do join up,you will only get 20 mins per session with a personal trainer........ thanks but no thanks for that money.

Curves is out in the Westgate business park. The Educo Gym is the new one that had opened at Liam Cleary's. But ya their gym membership is pretty expensive. but the work out is supposed to be good. not sure is the price matches the little amount of a workout at only 20 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 John from ennis

Jhcx wrote: »
    Curves is out in the Westgate business park. The Educo Gym is the new one that had opened at Liam Cleary's. But ya their gym membership is pretty expensive. but the work out is supposed to be good. not sure is the price matches the little amount of a workout at only 20 mins.
    there was a curves there before they moved to their current address.

too expensive for me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I'm curious where does the best value pool only membership? I go to the public pool a couple of times a week it's probably worth my while signing up somewhere, particularly as it's kind of crowded at night a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Radio5

Curves seems to be closed now.

That whole block in Westgate has lost a few businesses now John O'Dwyers, the cafe etc.

Advertisement