Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laws against growing?

• 23-03-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

if you were caught with a small amount of plants 2-3 what would the penalty be? no prior convictions or trouble with law.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't think tobacco grows very well in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jojobeans

I would say probably a caution or something similar seen as its only 2 or 3 plants and it would be a first offence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

AFAIK there are no laws against growing your own tobacco but you do have to apply to Revenue for a licence.

Any mention of growing any other products will lead to this thread being closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

You need to apply for a license to grow tobacco? That's certainly a new one to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

P_1 wrote: »
    You need to apply for a license to grow tobacco? That's certainly a new one to me
    So far as I can see, the licensing rules were set down in 1933, and have not changed since: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1933/en/si/0003.html.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 GreenIrish

not tobacco

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement