Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New kitten!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Some more pictures :D

He's secretly batman

batman_zpsb2f440fd.jpg

But that's okay because he is so cute he can be whoever he wants :D

cute_zpsf615f5df.jpg

sitting_zps7ff5f38d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

He is so cute! I love his little tabby nose :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I love the big ears!

Dude got a few slaps from the big cats today, but then he slapped Cream's bum and chased him, he's very confident for a tiny fella! My cats refuse to let me pick them up though, before they used to love being picked up for rubs and cuddles, now they growl and hiss at me, it's sorta upsetting but I suppose it is to be expected! They love me rubbing them still and even Peach is sitting on my lap at the moment but they will not let me pick them up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Dude got a few slaps from the big cats today, but then he slapped Cream's bum and chased him, he's very confident for a tiny fella! My cats refuse to let me pick them up though, before they used to love being picked up for rubs and cuddles, now they growl and hiss at me, it's sorta upsetting but I suppose it is to be expected! They love me rubbing them still and even Peach is sitting on my lap at the moment but they will not let me pick them up!

My older Tom (DC, so his name) went on like that as well, shortly after I adopted the small Tom (Josef, so his name), it's some sort of jealousy, I suppose. But a few weeks after the hissing part, it went back to normal, since I treated both guys the same, no preferences and stuff...well, kind of 'back to normal', DC went back to sleeping in my armpit, like he did, when he was a kitten :)

• Advertisement

He's getting so brave, climbing all the way up his scratching post and getting down all by himself :)

climb_zpsde3c32cb.jpg

Also the more I look at him and do reading the more I am convinced he is part bengal. There has to be one somewhere in his breeding, if you google pictures of marbled bengal he is the exact same! And has the breed characteristics such as loving water, extremely agile and athletic, vocal, demanding.. obviously I still love him if he is just a moggie but he really seems bengal-ish to me! It could very well be possible as there is nothing known about his parentage, one of his sisters is black and white and the other 3 in the litter are (and were, rip thunder!) marbled tabby with various degrees of white, my reckoning is that mammy was a black and white and daddy was a bengal who went for a wander one day! :P

Anything is possible, I know of a black and white "male" (owner was clueless) cat that dropped 3 kittens one day!
    One kitten looked like a Siamese! Still does but hair is more like moggies to touch, and eyes are green, gorgeous cat, and those looks didn't just pop up by accident.

I do wonder about Mouse after someone on here said she was Maine coonish sounding, she had a shower with small dog on Tuesday evening, and fetches tennis balls, also she's getting quite big now.

It's funny how many moggies show characteristics of certain breeds, makes me wonder is that how the breeds were developed or is there a purebred in their past! Dude bounced all sideways up to Cream and put a paw on his face, Cream just sighed. Dude followed Cream out to the utility when I was feeding him and stuck his head into Cream's bowl, Cream just looked at him and moved out of the way to let Dude eat (I stopped him because I don't want him having adult food but at least Cream didn't try kill him!) Delighted now there is hardly any growling between the 2 of them, Peach still isn't too impressed though.

Awww, sounds like they are all getting on great, 7 months on and we still get the odd growl!
    Funny thing is the dogs love kittens, any that came through our home were accepted, even the large black fella someone found and dropped to me was no problem to them. It's the cats that are not impressed.

• Advertisement

Yeah cats are fussy little buggers aren't they! I tried re introducing Peach and Dude by letting them see each other through a window but Peach is still very slappy and hissy! Dude is funny though he is the first cat I've had who tries to bury his food, when he is done eating he scratches the floor around the bowl like he scratches in the litter. It's too cute! Don't have the heart to tell him our wooden floor won't cover his food :D

Ours all do the bury the food thing, and mouse digs in the sink when she's had a drink, it's funny, she often slides all over the place when doing it!

Dude would like to send his fans a message :

p;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

#k
    inmq.;6lttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr////////////

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Dude would like to send his fans a message :

p;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

#k
    inmq.;6lttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr////////////

He is able to write? Cool. My two guys only manage to switch off the laptop ;)

He's obsessed with drinking my tea :/

tea_zpsc7073b05.jpg

I've had him for over a week now, and for the first time today he started kneading me and suckling on my sleeve! It was so cute even though it's probably not good for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

I've had him for over a week now, and for the first time today he started kneading me and suckling on my sleeve! It was so cute even though it's probably not good for him!
    Sparkle still does that to me.... oh no am I a bad cat mammy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ameee

My cat still does that and he is two so i don't think he Will ever stop he sucks on his tail for ages too some times :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

mine lick and bite my fingers (not bite bite, just nibble!) they are nearly 3 and 5!

Okay I don't think the suckling is bad after doing a bit of googling, it is adorable though!

Dude, or Doodles to give him his full title :P Is just a pure joy, we haven,t even had him 2 weeks yet and it feels like we've had him forever. He is so easy to manage, he entertains himself a lot of the time with his toys or by chasing his tail, he worships his big brother Cream ,literally when Cream comes inside in the evening Dude just plods around after him, it's adorable :D Cream even gave his ear a lick yesterday, I was nearly bursting with pride :D Peach is still a no go zone, she'll come in, sniff him, hiss and run! Oh well, at least he has Cream to torment! I can see him growing nearly every day, and he is so good to sit still to have his nails clipped or ears cleaned. I really am smitten with this little kitten :D

He worships Cream!

worship_zpsa04c79bc.jpg

Showing off his lovely belly :)

spottybelly_zpsd278dbf5.jpg

He's very looooooooooooong for a 10 week old baby :)

long_zps55ecc40b.jpg

• Advertisement

Things weren't going as good as I would hope with Peach, she slaps him whenever she has the chance and he is scared of her so we've developed the 'Dude and Treat' system! I show her dude, give her a treat, bring him closer, if she doesn't growl she gets a treat, if she does growl we ignore her and go again till she doesn't. Seems to be working so far!!

On the other hand, he really adores Cream!!

love_zps1e419a1a.jpg

I did something similar with Toby and Mouse, when mouse appear toby was fed chicken, spahetti, cheese, whatever was handy that he liked, it worked enough that they could be in the same room without Toby howling the house down.
    7 months last week since Mouse arrived and yesterday I found them on the sofa together, actually touching! Back to back, but fine, no grumbling.

I hope things move faster for you, you're doing great so far, he's so cute, love the pic's!
    I'd really love to tickle that tabby belly :D

7 months seems like a reasonable amount of time! I'll be happy if Peach ever takes to him :P He would love you to tickle his tummy too, he ADORES it! he just lays over on his back and purrs his little heart out :D

Advertisement