Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christy Dignam - get well soon

Options
  • 23-03-2013 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭

Heard on the radio this morning that he was going into hospital to start cancer treatment.

Wish him a speedy recovery. A giant in Irish music over the last couple of decades.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭dasdog

He's Christy
    He's Christy
    He's off the gear
    He's Christy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. That particular cancer is not very good at all, pray for him please. This guy means a lot to many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

He was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. That particular cancer is not very good at all, pray for him please. This guy means a lot to many people.

Agreed. The guy is a great showman on stage. Has a fantastic stage presence!

Any smart*rse comments about him and his situation should be ignored.

Get well soon Christy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Aw, Heck. So sorry to hear that. Very best wishes, Christy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

I read he went in for chemo, yesterday so hope he's comfortable if a little exhausted.

also, a good friend of his and an uncle of mine fell Ill around the same time, wth a heart condition so will say my prayers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Christy played a couple of numbers with his daughter at a charity fundraiser last night in Citywest. He got a hell of a reception and when i say it sent shivers down your spine...wow an amazing performance and one I wont forget for some time.

Keep fighting Christy, its hard to keep a good man down.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Achtung Maybe

I spent a bit of time with him in hospital (we were both doing chemo), still has a great sense of humour, and was polite to all well-wishers who came up to him. Good man Christy stay well & great to see you at the Bernard Dunne Charity Night the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I see a pub in Derry advertising the concert on Friday night as being streamed live.

I wouldn't mind watching it, but can't make it to the pub, anyone know if it will be possible to watch it online anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 newden13

Apparently Aertv are doing the live stream with U2 making an appearance? According to this article on Aslan's website anyway! http://www.aslan.ie/aslan/u2-join-worldwide-streaming-of-a-night-for-christy-from-new-york-studio/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

newden13 wrote: »
    Apparently Aertv are doing the live stream with U2 making an appearance? According to this article on Aslan's website anyway! http://www.aslan.ie/aslan/u2-join-worldwide-streaming-of-a-night-for-christy-from-new-york-studio/

Their link SUCKED---made me miss the first two acts waiting for them to start streamin :mad:

This one works and the show is BRILLIANT so far!!!

http://nfc.streamworksint.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement