If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What 50" plus do you have on display in the shop?

Options
  • 23-03-2013 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

If our local council allow our plans for our extension I will be getting a big dose of new stuff :). Plans have been submitted and we are awaiting the green light.Should be 4 weeks or so before we hear word. Will be looking a TV, receiver and 5.1 set up. Already have a room with my trusty Philips 9664,Onkyo 875 etc but the thought of a new 24ft x 13ft room was too good to pass up. Do you have any 50" LED's and bigger (don't fancy a plasma due to a lot of windows in the new room) on display in the shop, so I can take a look at them.Haven't been up in a while and know space isn't massive in the shop for a row of 50"s. 

With a budget of around £2k for the three, what would you recommend? Not massively fussed with 3D, looking for 9664 type picture quality. Would I be best waiting on the 2013 releases? 

Cheers,

Damien

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

dmurray0 wrote: »
    Hi,

If our local council allow our plans for our extension I will be getting a big dose of new stuff . Plans have been submitted and we are awaiting the green light.Should be 4 weeks or so before we hear word. Will be looking a TV, receiver and 5.1 set up. Already have a room with my trusty Philips 9664,Onkyo 875 etc but the thought of a new 24ft x 13ft room was too good to pass up. Do you have any 50" LED's and bigger (don't fancy a plasma due to a lot of windows in the new room) on display in the shop, so I can take a look at them.Haven't been up in a while and know space isn't massive in the shop for a row of 50"s. 

With a budget of around £2k for the three, what would you recommend? Not massively fussed with 3D, looking for 9664 type picture quality. Would I be best waiting on the 2013 releases? 

Cheers,

Damien

Hi Damien,

Thanks for getting in touch.  Hope you're still enjoying the Philips.  And fingers crossed on the council giving it all the go ahead.  

There isn't an awful lot kicking around in 50" LEDs at the moment.  It's that time of year when all the new screens start coming out so the older ones start getting cleared.

We got one of the new Panasonic TXL50E6 LEDs in.  We've got the 42" on display and it's very impressive.  It's non 3D, full smart TV with wifi built in so very handy.  Spec wise on paper its a bit lower than the Philips.  Still worth a look though.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl50e6b/pana-txl50e6b

If you don't mind dropping down to a 47" you should check out the LG 47 LM670T.  This is more similar to the Philips spec wise.  Again a fantastic TV.  This is a 2012 model so will be getting replace shortly, hence the great price of just £899.95:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/47lm670t/lg-47lm670t

Some of the new Samsung models have just been announced also.  This might be worth checking, it's the new Samsung UE46F6500.  I haven't seen this one in the flesh yet, sounds like it'll be very impressive.  Only problem is its going down to a 46" :(  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue46f6500/sams-ue46f6500

There is still a lot more models to be announced from LG, Panasonic etc so more to come :)

On the amp front its the same situation as the TVs.  New models coming out etc.  We've got some nice deals on Denon amps which is worth a look.  Here's the AVR3313 for example currently priced at just £649.95:

http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/Product/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Catid=HomeTheatre&SubId=AVReceivers&ProductId=AVR3313

For a speaker pack how about the Wharfdale DX1 HCP currently priced at £379.00.  Quite a neat pack with a very nice sound.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/products/hi-fi-separates/speakers/speaker-packages#2

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 47 dmurray0

Cheers Chris,

We've been looking at sizes and the wife agrees (hurrah !!!) that 50" would be the smallest :) I came across reviews of the new Samsung F8500 that will be getting released very soon. Although it's a plasma it has a super contrast panel and is supposed to be superb quality. By the time the council approves our plans (fingers crossed) hopefully it will be out and I'll take a look at that. Will give you a shout when the extension is built and will keep an eye out for the new releases. 

Will be in touch, hopefully soon.

Cheers Chris,

We've been looking at sizes and the wife agrees (hurrah !!!) that 50" would be the smallest  I came across reviews of the new Samsung F8500 that will be getting released very soon. Although it's a plasma it has a super contrast panel and is supposed to be superb quality. By the time the council approves our plans (fingers crossed) hopefully it will be out and I'll take a look at that. Will give you a shout when the extension is built and will keep an eye out for the new releases. 

Will be in touch, hopefully soon.

Hi Damien,

I know there is a few of the new Samsung models F8000 etc coming into our warehouse today so I'd imagine the rest wont be far behind.  

If you keep an eye on www.richersounds.co.uk it'll be updated with all new stock :)

And ofcourse if you've any queries you know where we are.

Chris

Only me again,

Just got word that our planning application has been granted......mancave here I come !!!! Please  let me know as soon as you get stock of  the 2013 releases  or if there are any 2012's left at a good price. Will be after a 55" (no smaller) probably LED due to light in the room, fear of IR with plasma etc. Interested in the new range of Panasonic LED's, Philips, etc and the Sony 8 series. Not bothered in the slightest about Smart TV, camera, mics etc just a great picture, and the kids want 3D. Will also be looking for a receiver and 5.1 set up. Nothing major money wise on the receiver etc so looking at the likes of the Pioneer 922, Onkyo 515 or similar with the likes of the MA Vectors if they are still floating about, or similar , Boston etc. Budget would be about £2k all in. 

Work your magic boys !!!!

Only me again,

Just got word that our planning application has been granted......mancave here I come !!!! Please  let me know as soon as you get stock of  the 2013 releases  or if there are any 2012's left at a good price. Will be after a 55" (no smaller) probably LED due to light in the room, fear of IR with plasma etc. Interested in the new range of Panasonic LED's, Philips, etc and the Sony 8 series. Not bothered in the slightest about Smart TV, camera, mics etc just a great picture, and the kids want 3D. Will also be looking for a receiver and 5.1 set up. Nothing major money wise on the receiver etc so looking at the likes of the Pioneer 922, Onkyo 515 or similar with the likes of the MA Vectors if they are still floating about, or similar , Boston etc. Budget would be about £2k all in. 

Work your magic boys !!!!

Hi Damien,

Happy days!!  Glad to hear it all worked out :D  

Started to get a good bit more of the new 2013 stock in so hopefully we'll have something you'll like :)  

The new ET60 is looks very impressive.  Got the 42" on display here in the store and the picture quality is superb.  The design of the TV is very slick too :)  Full smart TV, passive 3D so a lot cheaper to buy/replace glasses, 600hz so good motion handling and also WiFi built in so hopefully your signal will reach the mancave ok.  

Current price on this screen is £1,449.95 which includes a free 5 year guarantee and also comes with a free 3D Panasonic blu-ray player :)  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl55et60b/pana-txl55et60b

For the home cinema side of things you're on to a winner with the 922 and Vector pack.  Actually just got the last batch of Vector's and we're clearing them for just £299.95 which is a crazy price!!

So for the above set up you'd be looking at £1,989.85.  That's also including the free blu-ray player with the TV so you're pretty much all set and ready to go :)  £10 under budget as well so wee crate of Harp to celebrate the new space ;)

Chris

• Advertisement

Cheers Chris for the reply.

I must call up to the shop and see it in the flesh. Looking at online reviews for the Panasonic it seems to get mixed reviews for the sound.Is it ok to take up some media to demo on it...portable hard drive, pen drive? Do you have many MA Vectors and 922's in stock? If I manage to get up next week I might get the speakers and receiver first (depending how the Panasonic goes) 

One more thing....Harp in a mancave !!!!! I've got better taste than that :D

Cheers Chris for the reply.

I must call up to the shop and see it in the flesh. Looking at online reviews for the Panasonic it seems to get mixed reviews for the sound.Is it ok to take up some media to demo on it...portable hard drive, pen drive? Do you have many MA Vectors and 922's in stock? If I manage to get up next week I might get the speakers and receiver first (depending how the Panasonic goes) 

One more thing....Harp in a mancave !!!!! I've got better taste than that

Hi again,

Don't have any of the ET60s on display at the moment.  Dropped the boss a message to see if we can get one in and out on display.  May not be the 55" as we just don't have the room :(  I'm sure we could get the 42" in somewhere though.  No problem bringing a hard drive or USB in.

Got both the Pioneer and Vectors in stock.  Still a few Vector packs so should be grand :)  If you're interested in that pack I could hold both the amp and speakers for you so they don't sneak off anywhere.

Chris

She who must be obeyed has now spoke> The receiver and speakers are not an immediate necessity, as much as flooring,settee,blinds etc so I must wait until the room is fully built but can definitely get them after all the building is done. Can go up a bit class wise as a compromise so not a total defeat :-) Thankfully the TV is a must, so if you get any 55"s coming into stock over the next 6-8 weeks keep me informed. Keep in touch, and will definitely being seeing you when the 2013 models arrive...

She who must be obeyed has now spoke> The receiver and speakers are not an immediate necessity, as much as flooring,settee,blinds etc so I must wait until the room is fully built but can definitely get them after all the building is done. Can go up a bit class wise as a compromise so not a total defeat :-) Thankfully the TV is a must, so if you get any 55"s coming into stock over the next 6-8 weeks keep me informed. Keep in touch, and will definitely being seeing you when the 2013 models arrive...

Hi Damien, 

Guess you gotta have the place looking slick as well for all the new gear :)

We're starting to clear old display models here in the store so gonna have enough room to get the new models out.

If I spot anything else 55" that would suit I'll let ya know. 

Chris

Cheers Chris, keep me up to date. Speak soon,

Damien

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.