Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Chemical Romance have split

Options
  • 23-03-2013 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Just heard that My Chemical Romance have split. I think this is very surprising. It's pretty disappointing. Great band. I for one will miss them. I was lucky enough to see them a good few times around Ireland and around Europe. I got into them from hearing "Honey this mirror isn't big enough for the two of us" on and was completely sold after hearing "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge".
    I know they polarised opinion but I hope people when they look objectively at them, will realise that they were a really great rock band.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

meh

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Loving the user name that posted this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Dont know how to feel about this, but im not ok....................trust me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I remember Kerrang playing that f*cking Black Parade video over and over and over again, even when it was out for 2 years it was still on every 5 minutes, it drove from indifference to pure f*cking hatred for them. I can't say I'm too bothered by this news.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The only thing I don't like about this is the number of my friends on FB moaning about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Denny M wrote: »
    The only thing I don't like about this is the number of my friends on FB moaning about it.

Time to hit that unfriend button ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Time to hit that unfriend button ;)
    But I actually like some of them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Denny M wrote: »
    But I actually like some of them :(

Nothing you can do about it I'm afraid, it's too late for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I saw My Chemical Romance live once, wasn't my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

From a financial standpoint, it was probably the best move. Their last album sold only a fraction of 'The Black Parade'. The lead singer can now go solo and have the circus move in his direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

From a financial standpoint, it was probably the best move. Their last album sold only a fraction of 'The Black Parade'. The lead singer can now go solo and have the circus move in his direction.

And have a huge reunion tour in around 5yrs time :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Not a fan but reckon they were pretty good at stringing together a melody at times. All drama but they did that well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Amazing band, saw three times. Last 3 albums were awesome, debut was decent too.
    Such a pity it's all over, they were going in the right direction before this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Meh, not my kind of thing. They got the success that other bands from that period would have been more deserving of, wouldn't knock them for it though and they made the most of it. Seen them twice in the RDS and the o2 and while they are not my kind of band they did put on a decent show which was value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Heavy rumours abound that this is a bullshit split and the band will be back together under a different name very soon. They've ditched MCR to get out of a record deal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

scudzilla wrote: »
    Heavy rumours abound that this is a bullshit split and the band will be back together under a different name very soon. They've ditched MCR to get out of a record deal

When I first heard about the split, I honestly thought it was just a break for them, so they could do the whole getting back together thing in a few years time, so I well believe it.

I genuinely love their music :o Had a great time at their gigs and love their concept albums.
    The teenager within was sad to hear it, but the realist in me knows I'll see them again when I turn 30 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

They had a good 12 year run..... But they'll be back in a few years time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjdh4f

That's one long Tweet, from Gerard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Billy Busker ass biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Clever name for a band, music not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Meh, not bothered by this news in the least, I always found them to be very mediocre, I liked 1 or 2 songs from them, but not enough to be bothered by this news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I just think of this when I hear them mentioned ....

my-cholesterol-romance--large-msg-122037126685.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭the great purveyor of mediocrity

Scuzz just did an hour of "RIP My Chemical Romance" from 22:00 to 23:00. I hadn't seen some of the videos before. Man they had some money pumped into their videos. Some old school Trivium on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Had some great tunes, could certainly write a catchy one. Singer was annoying as ****.
    Overall verdict: Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Good riddance. Only entertaining thing they ever did was get bottled by metal fans at festivals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

That is heart breaking, emo making, rock faking news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

RayCon wrote: »
    I just think of this when I hear them mentioned ....

my-cholesterol-romance--large-msg-122037126685.jpg

Pretty obvious those fat lads are dressed as the Misfits.

23645357.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Necronos wrote: »

Yep. They're a Misfits tribute band called......Misfats.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Necronos wrote: »

23645357.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

bbboooooooooooo

• Advertisement
Advertisement