Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you addicted to boards?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

No
    Posts Per Day: 7.71

Maybe a little :pac:

EDIT: Also post number 5,500!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I'n not addicted to Boards but I only log on when I'm full of drink and drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Not in the same way that I'm addicted to other things but im on it fairly often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

I see here like the tv room, in a hostel in which I try to keep up appearances

and everyone is splayed out on beanbags, watching old re-runs of SNL. and belushi is being kirk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Come on here after a doobie or 2 and laugh my bollox off at people like Mr. Wong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Nah not addicted at all. I can stop anytime I want, I just don't want to.

Besides, I usually only post when I'm drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Ok..I know it's 4:20am but...

F5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

There are times I'm really addicted to it, then there are times I couldnt be bothered with it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 aherringterm

No wouldnt say addicted really myself you know, Like checking out the odd post wouldnt be like when Im on facebook. Mad for the posts on the that as they say. Ha thats the best craic cause you know who youre writing to so bit easier to understand most of the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I wouldent say I am addicted but reading and posting here is much better than reading the newspapers, much more informative here.

realies wrote: »
    I wouldent say I am addicted but reading and posting here is much better than reading the newspapers, much more informative here.

Yea its mostly just pictures n the ads in the papers now most of the time when im lookin at it. Nothing in the star or herald even these days, good stories on here though the stories you wouldnt of gotten in the papers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

No
    Yeah I am addicted... I log on to Cool Vids & Links & Pics, and then wander from there... And then come up for air who knows how long later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Not into Boards as I once was. Used to be on it religiously but I dropped off in activity. Now I only lurk in the back and come out with a post every now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

I just come here in the vain hope that Whoopsadaisydoodle might some day notice me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

some times when i am sleeping i wake up in a cold sweat and have to log into boards.ie and go to the cold sweating at night time forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

Was addicted with a previous name. Used tob ring boards up in nearly every conversation with my mates which they thought was weird, which it was.

Made a conscious decision to make things happen in my life, I was on the dole at the time - I gave it up, still use it for recreation/information

Went on a few times directly after and was the exact same poster I was previously but went from having ****loads of thanks per post to none - which said a lot to me.

Since I gave it up (habitually), and I'm quite serious here, I went from entrance level to assistant vice president in the company that I went and made a job appear for me.

All the hours you can spend talking pure bs here can really be spent more productively. I spend a large part of this evening booking a hotel for holidays with the missus - 4* all the way.
    If I was still as into boards as I was then I wouldn't have the missus or the directional income.

I'm sure I'm far from unique and there are a lot of other 2nd reges with the same story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Ha, of course not. Silly billy! >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Question I'd like to ask for the boards long termers is: at any stage have you got bored of it and just said fock them fockers or would you still check it everyday religiously?
    I stopped posting for around two years at one stage, some more 3 month+ stints too. Not bored of it at all, but I still have to check the forum I mod every day whether I like it or not.

Almost 12 years on the site at this stage, and I still like it :)

Was addicted with a previous name. Used tob ring boards up in nearly every conversation with my mates which they thought was weird, which it was.

Made a conscious decision to make things happen in my life, I was on the dole at the time - I gave it up, still use it for recreation/information

Went on a few times directly after and was the exact same poster I was previously but went from having ****loads of thanks per post to none - which said a lot to me.

Since I gave it up (habitually), and I'm quite serious here, I went from entrance level to assistant vice president in the company that I went and made a job appear for me.

All the hours you can spend talking pure bs here can really be spent more productively. I spend a large part of this evening booking a hotel for holidays with the missus - 4* all the way.
    If I was still as into boards as I was then I wouldn't have the missus or the directional income.

I'm sure I'm far from unique and there are a lot of other 2nd reges with the same story

good t hear ye gave it up man and ye got a missus n that ye know. Im on the dole myself cause theres actually nothin else to be doin at the moment like. Once ye find the rite person youll settle down probably wouldnt even go on the internet anymore as much as ye use to, then probably not on boards.ie at all even

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You can't be that successful if it takes you a whole evening just to book a hotel though.

It's not exactly rocket-science now is it? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Posts Per Day: 8.75

Totally not addicted. I could do that in 5 minutes if I really wanted to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Yea its mostly just pictures n the ads in the papers now most of the time when im lookin at it. Nothing in the star or herald even these days, good stories on here though the stories you wouldnt of gotten in the papers

or you could just read a real newspaper instead of an ann and barry one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

No
    Boards is much more entertaining than Facebook. And there are no pictures of peoples dinners on it either, which is a relief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

20 minutes a day is about what I spend. Not much

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

No
    I do bring up boards a lot in conversation. Got sick of having to explain what it is so now creepily refer to any stories as something that happened "tos friend of mine" rather than "a random stranger online"

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Boards is much more entertaining than Facebook. And there are no pictures of peoples dinners on it either, which is a relief!

*Cough*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Haveadayoff

Not addicted no just always like to check up on my status and c if anyone commented any any of my pics, can log out any time i want though you know, not like its d same when im on the beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

No
    AnonoBoy wrote: »

Ah yeah. :o
    You've to look for that thread here though, you don't get last night's bacon and cabbage/ crisp sandwich/ horse casserole popping up in your newsfeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Not addicted no just always like to check up on my status and c if anyone commented any any of my pics, can log out any time i want though you know, not like its d same when im on the beer
    You only signed up 2 hours ago!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Haveadayoff

smash wrote: »
    You only signed up 2 hours ago!

and what? dont hear me gettin cheeky on your posts so dont do it with mine ok

and what? dont hear me gettin cheeky on your posts so dont do it with mine ok

It's pretty hard to be addicted to a site you only just joined today though isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It's pretty hard to be addicted to a site you only just joined today though isn't it?
    Depends how many times you join I'd say.

Depends how many times you join I'd say.

Rereg De Jour!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement