Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Biology Tips

• 23-03-2013 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Studying alot of biology now and isn't there just a crazy amount on the course??

Any tips on what to focus on and any study techniques greatly appreciated? Is the best way to just summarise all the chapters or just to do exam papers or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Boomerang27

Lc201395 wrote: »
    Studying alot of biology now and isn't there just a crazy amount on the course??

Any tips on what to focus on and any study techniques greatly appreciated? Is the best way to just summarise all the chapters or just to do exam papers or what?

Hey what I've found works best for me is hitting the papers hard. Go through the table at the beginning of your papers and do every question for each chapter. Soon you will see repitition :)

Also, make sure you nail respiration, photosynthesis, ecology and nutrition as they come up every time in some form :D

Hope this helps and best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

I was wondering if its possible to still get 100% in biology by leaving out the ''plant'' chapters.

By this I mean:

The Structure of Flowering Plants
    Transport, Storage, and Gas Exchange in Flowering Plants
    Plant Responses
    Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
    Vegetative Propagation

Does anyone know if its possible? I hate those chapters haha

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

^ definitely wouldn't leave out the sexual reproduction chapter but the others maybe. It usually comes up in the questions where you pick two bits but the way that they seem to be going is throwing random bits into every question so you'd want to have an idea of the others, if you left it out you'd have to know everything else perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

I was wondering if its possible to still get 100% in biology by leaving out the ''plant'' chapters.

By this I mean:

Plant Responses
    Vegetative Propagation

I wouldnt leave them out! leave out 1 maybe!. But there could be potentially two short questions from them chapters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

By this I mean:

Plant Responses
    Vegetative Propagation

Yes i agree , do not leave them out , even taking my mock for example had two short questions on plants and then in the long questions , two separate questions had parts about plants , too risky! I don't go by predictions or anything but my teacher said plants nearly always has to come up every year. I know its a tough chunk but just try your best :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement