Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest living areas in Greystones

Options
  • 23-03-2013 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Thanks for reading my post and I hope you can contribute in some way.

I am hoping you can help with a project I am doing. Ideally we can come up with a 'Top 10 largest housing estates' (people population) in the area.

Cut off point being Windgates Hill and as far south as the secondary school in Kilcoole.

For example, I drive by Redford Park everyday but I couldn't tell you

1. How far it goes back
    2. Rough number of houses in there (I couldn't begin to guess)

So with your help we could discuss maybe.

Is Charlesland by far top of the list?

Darsar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What do you want to discuss?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

What do you want to discuss?

The biggest estates population wise in the area described. Guesstimating.

darsar wrote: »
    The biggest estates population wise in the area described. Guesstimating.

would you not just get a copy of the electoral register? or look at census data?

I mean what is the point of random guesses?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

would you not just get a copy of the electoral register? or look at census data?

I mean what is the point of random guesses?

I posted here because I was looking for help with my project. Sorry to bother you.

All I'm looking for is suggestions of the bigger estates around without dragging out files or driving into each estate in the area to see the size.

Ok

I happen to have an electronic copy of electoral register - here are some approximations (completely excluding Delgany)

Charlesland (including Charlesland wood, grove, park, crescent and seabourne view) has about 1600 people on register

Redford court and rise and park 690
    Hillside 520
    Applewood heights 480
    Rathdown park and court 480
    Kindlestown 320
    Heatherview 390
    Burnaby heights approx 220
    Kenmare heights 210
    Grattan park 180
    Belleveue park 100

These are just approximations on the number of voters (obviously this excludes certain groups; some immigrants and people under 18)

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Ok

I happen to have an electronic copy of electoral register - here are some approximations (completely excluding Delgany)

Charlesland (including Charlesland wood, grove, park, crescent and seabourne view) has about 1600 people on register

Hillside 520
    Applewood heights 480
    Kindlestown 320
    Heatherview 390
    Kenmare heights 210
    Grattan park 180
    Belleveue park 100

These are just approximations on the number of voters (obviously this excludes certain groups; some immigrants and people under 18)

Charlesland has 1550 dwellings so that seems quite small for the register no?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mirekb

Did I read something recently that Charlesland is the largest estate in the country (unit wise, rather than area)?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

I think its the largest privately managed estate yes - not largest estate...

Charlesland has 1550 dwellings so that seems quite small for the register no?

Perhaps

There may be a fair few unregistered
    Its not counting children

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

dubsgirl wrote: »
    I think its the largest privately managed estate yes - not largest estate...

maybe it's the largest number of dwellings in the smallest area!

• Advertisement

Ok

Hillside 520
    Applewood heights 480
    Kindlestown 320
    Heatherview 390
    Kenmare heights 210
    Grattan park 180
    Belleveue park 100

Mango, thank you so much for that. A couple of place I had never heard of so many thanks

Advertisement