Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tory Island Easter Weekend

Options
  • 23-03-2013 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm part of a group that are going to Tory Island for the Easter Weekend. We are going to celebrate a 40th birthday party and there are quite a crowd of us going over on Good Friday and are booked into the hostel and a B&B.

Can anyone give me any advice on what we can expect regarding the weather and the crossing at this time of year?

I have been told today that we are crazy going over there at this time of year so would like to hear what people from that part of the county think!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

The crossing can be rough but it all depends on the weather on the day. You can get all four seasons in one day weather-wise in Donegal so it could be anything from a cold but pleasant day to gales and hailstones.

Just make sure that you bring plenty of Euros just in case you have to stay there for longer than planned. Have a nice trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

ill be there too, im there a lot , in fact just back from there two days ago, the weather really all depends on the day , keep an eye on magic seaweed for a good accurate account of the wind forecast, as above post said do bring sufficient amount of euros as there are no bank machines and credit card machine is in the post office which will be closed, hostel is excellent and the craic is something else

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I'm assuming there is only one group crazy enough to go to tory that weekend so i've already given John a heads up.

but the club might open after 12 on the Friday and Saturday is the big night in there!

Advertisement