Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rubbish bin collected? No? Fine then.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

I have this idea floating around in my head the last few years that only involves you and the local councils that would totaily eliminate the use of bins and bin collections and stop this money grabbing of the people by this ****ty gubberment.

If i had the money it would be up and running with in the year and would create jobs in this country and would be global in a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

I have this idea floating around in my head the last few years that only involves you and the local councils that would totaily eliminate the use of bins and bin collections and stop this money grabbing of the people by this ****ty gubberment.

If i had the money it would be up and running with in the year and would create jobs in this country and would be global in a few years.
    Pm me your idea-I Promise not to rob it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

And what if you recycle and compost and have a fire (in an area where you can have a fire). So you only have on rubbish bag per month. Will they accept one receipt per month? Surely anyone flytipping could legally dump one bag a month just for the receipt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Chinasea wrote: »
    I for one am sick of smelling burning toxic fumes from neighbours back yards under the veil of darkness
    Maybe there'll be a few less people with stinking toxic smoke billowing out of their chimney on a hot and sticky July night with no breeze. Doesn't seem to occur to them that someone living within a half mile of them might want to open a window.
    I'm all for resistance to these charges, but I'm pissed off with people burning rubbish around here, it's been a real problem over the past few years. They're probably non-smokers too, who'd bitch and moan if some of my cigarette smoke wafted near them for a second. Yet here they are poisoning the whole neighbourhood to save a few quid.
    Not completely in favour of what the gov are doing here, but I'm enjoying the silver lining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Maybe there'll be a few less people with stinking toxic smoke billowing out of their chimney on a hot and sticky July night with no breeze. Doesn't seem to occur to them that someone living within a half mile of them might want to open a window.
    I'm all for resistance to these charges, but I'm pissed off with people burning rubbish around here, it's been a real problem over the past few years. They're probably non-smokers too, who'd bitch and moan if some of my cigarette smoke wafted near them for a second. Yet here they are poisoning the whole neighbourhood to save a few quid.
    Not completely in favour of what the gov are doing here, but I'm enjoying the silver lining.

Are they trying to burn the remains of their dinner or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Are they trying to burn the remains of their dinner or what?
    It's hard to tell just by smelling it, but if I had to guess I'd say old tires filled with dog shit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭opti0nal

kneemos wrote: »
    If you compost and feed scraps to the dog and don't need a brown bin...
    There's a fine for unregulated dog poop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I for one am sick of smelling burning toxic fumes from neighbours back yards under the veil of darkness, seeing bust open black bags with houshold waste strewn around the paths rotting and festering.
    Was in town lately up around the Smithfields area and beyond and the place was horrendous with rubbish dumped at every corner. Plenty out here in Dun Laoghaire also. It is sickening.
    close your windows, clean it up if your that bothered, all this will still happen no matter what.
    As usual, most of us (willingly) comply
    more fool you, you'l probably comply with every little thing that will come in no matter how stupid the things this government and future governments will bring in will be.
    for the greater good
    hahahahahahahaha
    "the greater good? what greateer good is that i wonder? you probably mean more conflicts of interests and favours to friends? lets face it thats the only "greater good" in this country, your delusianel if you believe otherwise
    but there will be those that care only about themselves
    so what? why for example should i care about you?
    and therefore this needs to be addressed.
    you can't force people to care about others

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

close your windows, clean it up if your that bothered, all this will still happen no matter what.

more fool you, you'l probably comply with every little thing that will come in no matter how stupid the things this government and future governments will bring in will be.

hahahahahahahaha
    "the greater good? what greateer good is that i wonder? you probably mean more conflicts of interests and favours to friends? lets face it thats the only "greater good" in this country, your delusianel if you believe otherwise

so what? why for example should i care about you?

you can't force people to care about others

All I can say to this is that you seem to be an expert on RUBBISH,

Dwork wrote: »
    My list of upcoming Privatisations/Concessions/sold off- Water, deffo. Healthcare-deffo(see Virgin in the UK) Prisons-Deffo, just take a little while because of the unions, more toll roads, Ambulance services, The ESB,deffo. Bord Gais, all traffic speed and parking enforcement(there already almost), all state debt collection(as they're so bad at it), most council services such as repairs, almost all natural resources, most Bus and train routes.

Give it ten years and not one of these will be State run/owned, all will be hived off to the Private sector. All will produce a swiftly gobbled up short-term windfall, all will then cost both the state and the citizen far more for the forseeable future.
    Announced today on the 9 o'clock news. I wonder will the items on this list get ticked off even faster than I reckoned? Pretty likley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

The dangerous thing is that most of our new laws and regulations lately are teating the people as criminals, you're now guilty until you prove your innocence. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Having worn out all other means of extracting cash(o.k, not all, not even many, but some) our good leaders are now introducing a new whizz that Households who do not have an agreement with a licenced waste collection service(i.e a bin company) are to be fined. €75 snots on the spot, to be precise, with failure to pay that leading to a court appearance and a potential €1700.00 fine.

So Ah, heading out at dusk to burn the papers? Scattering your weekly waste amongst the neighbours bins? Digging small holes in the local park and burying it? Them days are numbered. So, you need a compulsory T.V licence, you pay household Tax(or you will soon), you pay VAT on everything, you pay your taxes. You'll soon be paying for water. You pay for ESB, Gas, car tax, compulsory car insurance, expensive fuel for your house and vehicle. Your septic tank charges. And now you sign up to compulsory bin collection.

I for one am beginning to think I might just give Endas account number for my wages to be paid into. It would save a lot of messing. What think ye?

I don't know where you got that story from but I don't think it is new news. The bye laws have been in place for years, at least in Dublin.

http://www.dublincity.ie/WaterWasteEnvironment/Waste/Documents/household_waste_bye_laws.pdf

I don't know where you got that story from but I don't think it is new news. The bye laws have been in place for years, at least in Dublin.

http://www.dublincity.ie/WaterWasteEnvironment/Waste/Documents/household_waste_bye_laws.pdf
    Its new news to me, if that's any good to you. That and the fact they now intend to enforce it.

Its new news to me, if that's any good to you. That and the fact they now intend to enforce it.

Where did you get the story from? I don't see anything on the Dublin City site announcing any change in policy. If it was a newspaper story they often "discover" something which has been the case for years and dress it up as if it is something new.

Where did you get the story from? I don't see anything on the Dublin City site announcing any change in policy. If it was a newspaper story they often "discover" something which has been the case for years and dress it up as if it is something new.
    If somthing has to be brand new to be posted in AH, will the last person out please turn on the alarm and off the lights. On another note, the article was about how inspectors were going to be starting calling on housholders to check if they had licenced waste collection in place. It might be older law, but it's getting implemented now.

If somthing has to be brand new to be posted in AH, will the last person out please turn on the alarm and off the lights. On another note, the article was about how inspectors were going to be starting calling on housholders to check if they had licenced waste collection in place. It might be older law, but it's getting implemented now.

Where did you get it from? I just want to see the original source please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I presume the story comes from the new draft bye laws that, according to the Dublin City BID website (http://www.dublincitybid.ie/tag/waste-collection/) are due in April.
    If anyone can find where they are, or can explain why the last set of by laws are still in draft accounting to DCC's website http://www.dublincity.ie/WaterWasteEnvironment/Documents/DraftByeLawsCityCouncil.pdf that would be great.

I presume the story comes from the new draft bye laws that, according to the Dublin City BID website (http://www.dublincitybid.ie/tag/waste-collection/) are due in April.
    If anyone can find where they are, or can explain why the last set of by laws are still in draft accounting to DCC's website http://www.dublincity.ie/WaterWasteEnvironment/Documents/DraftByeLawsCityCouncil.pdf that would be great.

Thanks for that. The link I posted has the bye laws current since 2006.

Where did you get it from? I just want to see the original source please.
    I didn't steal it Mister, please don't hit me. I found it, honest I did. I'm a good boy I am.

• Advertisement
Advertisement