Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ideal classic ff350

• 23-03-2013 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭

hi..i replaced a faulty fan on an ideal classic.

the boiler fires up fine and works untill the cover is put back on. then the flame starts hunting and cuts out as if its being starved of air.

all the vacuum hoses are on corrrectly and not bloked.

anybody got any ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

First off, are you an RGI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

yes RGI and oftec registered,should have stated that.

i changed one earlyer in the week,same model no problems.cant understand whats wrong.

It can only be a balanced flue issue. The seal between the fan & the flue is most likely compromised and you are getting POC re-circulating or insufficient air intake from the balanced flue. This is why it is working with cover off.
    Have you checked the air intake with your FGA for CO? Also check inside the boiler with cover off with your FGA. Have you a personal CO alarm? Always air on the side of caution with this type of issue, putting safety first.

i checked the co with my analyzer and there was no spillage.

i was thinking the only thing it can be is is combustion air but all seals seem ok.
    i know by taking the cover off its adding more air intake.

something must be causing it. a fresh eye on it tomorrow maybe.

thanks for the reply

Have you checked the flue externally for blockages?

• Advertisement

yep that was the first thing i though of that maybe something went into it somehow.all was clean.

You could prove air flow through the air intake with the negative pressure gauge of the FGA.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Mutha

Open forum, maybe go to RGI one? Chancers be watchin'.

Advertisement