Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

money transfer Ireland - USA

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Yes.

However, I was just wondering if anyone has experience lodging an Irish Euro cheque into a U.S. checking/savings account. A. Can it be done? and B. Were there any excessive charges or delays on the U.S.-payee side?

Its incredibly complicated. HSBC or Citibank might do it,but it's far easier to use paypal or currencyfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Its incredibly complicated. HSBC or Citibank might do it,but it's far easier to use paypal or currencyfair.

Makes sense, and I don't know who my sister banks with. Unfortunately she doesn't have Paypal and I don't want to ask her for her bank details for a $120 transfer. I'll go queue at AIB...

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Carlosd

Why would you want to lodge a euro Irish cheque into a us bank account?
    Makes sense, and I don't know who my sister banks with. Unfortunately she doesn't have Paypal and I don't want to ask her for her bank details for a $120 transfer. I'll go queue at AIB...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What info do you need exactly to transfer to a US bank account?
    Name, routing no, account no. That it?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Carlosd

Have used Transfermate.com , Irish company based on St Stephens green.
    They offer Free same day transfers if you mention 'Boards forum'. I usually ask for anmarie, she great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Wire fees are crazy.....I've always used paypal for transfers......worth waiting the extra day or so for the low cost.

Advertisement