Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We buy cars for cash"

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

chopper6 wrote: »
    In my area,largely yes.

A culture of taking means often they dont give a crap about thier sorroundings.

I find it kinda funny that some people cannot afford the 8 euro for a greyhound bin pick-up but judging by thier refuse have no problem paying for Budweiser,John Player Blue,Take aways,Valium,Coca cola,Blue WKD and Amber leaf.

All types of people litter not just people on the dole, get a bit of cop on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

All types of people litter not just people on the dole, get a bit of cop on.

Read the first part of that post again..."In my area,largely yes".

All kinds of people litter but some people are more likely to litter than others.

All kinds of people litter but some people are more likely to litter than others.

Your original post did not state your area, stop generalising I live in probably the most decent area in Tallaght with very little unemployment and theres still litter, most of that is kids and teens as theres a mini shopping centre nearby, but ill blame people on the dole yeah?

Your original post did not state your area, stop generalising I live in probably the most decent area in Tallaght with very little unemployment and theres still litter, most of that is kids and teens as theres a mini shopping centre nearby, but ill blame people on the dole yeah?

OR you can blame it on a lack of civic pride,parental guidance or sheer lazyness.

You get litter where everybody is working? So do i...but it's *far* worse where people arent working....take my word for it.

OR you can blame it on a lack of civic pride,parental guidance or sheer lazyness.

You get litter where everybody is working? So do i...but it's *far* worse where people arent working....take my word for it.

Id rather not.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

I tryed to pull one of these posters down today but I wasnt able to get the poster down. The posters are made out of plastic which makes them very hard to pull down without a knife or some sort of cutting tool, this must be the reason why they stay up for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Jumboman wrote: »
    I tryed to pull one of these posters down today but I wasnt able to get the poster down. The posters are made out of plastic which makes them very hard to pull down without a knife or some sort of cutting tool, this must be the reason why they stay up for so long.

Fair play.

Go to hardware store.

Get a pair of these;

KGrHqJqgFGemcnmqbBRrIpHfzV60_12__45821.1375613474.220.220.jpg

http://www.inthemarket.ie/30-heavy-duty-telescopic-tree-loppers/

Keep em in the car. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

The unemployment rate over the past 5 years has rocketed from ~4% to ~14%. So by your logic that people on the dole are litterers, that means we should have seen a corresponding massive increase in littering, when in fact the opposite has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

In my area,largely yes.

A culture of taking means often they dont give a crap about thier sorroundings.

I find it kinda funny that some people cannot afford the 8 euro for a greyhound bin pick-up but judging by thier refuse have no problem paying for Budweiser,John Player Blue,Take aways,Valium,Coca cola,Blue WKD and Amber leaf.

oh go away and f**k off and try find a life somewhere you horrible little person

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

MadsL wrote: »
    Fair play.

Go to hardware store.

Get a pair of these;

KGrHqJqgFGemcnmqbBRrIpHfzV60_12__45821.1375613474.220.220.jpg

http://www.inthemarket.ie/30-heavy-duty-telescopic-tree-loppers/

Keep em in the car. ;)

And immediately fall foul of Section 9 of the FIREARMS AND OFFENSIVE WEAPONS ACT, 1990.

That's a really stupid thing to do in reality.

• Advertisement

The unemployment rate over the past 5 years has rocketed from ~4% to ~14%. So by your logic that people on the dole are litterers, that means we should have seen a corresponding massive increase in littering, when in fact the opposite has happened.

Missing the point to suit yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    oh go away and f**k off and try find a life somewhere you horrible little person

Infracted for abuse, do not post in this thread again

Tabnabs wrote: »
    And immediately fall foul of Section 9 of the FIREARMS AND OFFENSIVE WEAPONS ACT, 1990.

That's a really stupid thing to do in reality.

How would it fall foul of that act ? the above item is not a weapon its a tool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

How would it fall foul of that act ? the above item is not a weapon its a tool.

That law makes no differentiation between tool or weapon. The key part is 'lawful purpose'. If you have something for a lawful purpose eg snipping down posters littering the area, then its ok. If you're wearing a balaclava and standing at the gates of a warehouse at 4am with that tool then...

How do the crusading anti-poster brigade dispose of them once they're removed?

How do the crusading anti-poster brigade dispose of them once they're removed?

They are usually made of corregated plastic so I used to pop em in the recycling. I was lucky enough to have a big recycling bin as it was a communal apartment recycling.

I'd say Thorntons would be happy to get them or even if a local school might like them for art projects. If they were painted with white matt paint they would make good canvases for kids paintings.

Having these posters up all over the place gives a feeling of general lawlessness.

Having these posters up all over the place gives a feeling of general lawlessness.

Jumboman, perhaps an area clean-up including the posters could be organised. It is a safer to do it as a group and organisations like An Taisce provide tools to organise one.

One lad up in Navan did an amazing job organising local unemployed to clean Navan, they even were pulling cars out of the river!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Navan-Facelift/114423695251347?filter=1

Advertisement