Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not enough points for my course?

Options
  • 23-03-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

So I want to get into Pharmacy and I've realised that it requires 550 points plus, last year it was around 536 but it's increasing every year. I'm doing all higher level subjects except for one which is Math. I'm doing ordinary math which means the max points i can get at ordinary level is 60 and not 100.

I know there is a way around it but i dont know what yet, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

So I want to get into Pharmacy and I've realised that it requires 550 points plus, last year it was around 536 but it's increasing every year. I'm doing all higher level subjects except for one which is Math. I'm doing ordinary math which means the max points i can get at ordinary level is 60 and not 100.

I know there is a way around it but i dont know what yet, any suggestions?
    Don't start to worry about it yet!

You're still in 3rd year. You've still got more than 2/3 years left so it's amazing what you can do in that amount of time. You think you're sure about what you want to do now but you never know what path you'll be on this time 2 years. I've changed my mind so many times over the past 3 years and I know a good few people who've done the same thing.

It is possible to do, even if it will need a good bit of work. If you do TY, you never know, you'll have an extra year to work on everything, especially maths. You could even move up to HL maths if you really get stuck into it. Then all you need is a pass and you'll get he bonus points which would give you more points than an A1 in OL.

Advertisement