Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Permit

Options
  • 23-03-2013 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know if its possible to get a residential parking permit for anything from 1 month to 6 months, rather than having to pay E50 for the whole year which I don't need? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Don't think so, from memory the application only offers 1 or 2 years payments.

You could enquire from DCC if they'd refund the unused portion of the 1 year permit if you gave it back. (I'd have my doubts, but worth a shot)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

In theory you could befriend a neighbour and get them to buy you 24 of the 24 hour visitor passes. Each household is entitled to 80 a year I believe and they cost 1.25 each so that would set you back 30euro for a months parking. Not perfect but better than 50euro if you only need it for one month!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In fairness, anywhere there is a requirement for residents parking permits, there is usually pay & display and the permit will pay for itself in two weeks, with the added benefit of not having to move the vehicle every three hours.

If you can't afford the €50, can you afford the vehicle?
    weldon wrote: »
    In theory you could befriend a neighbour and get them to buy you 24 of the 24 hour visitor passes. Each household is entitled to 80 a year I believe and they cost 1.25 each so that would set you back 30euro for a months parking. Not perfect but better than 50euro if you only need it for one month!
    Householders aren't allowed sell these permits - it is an offence to do so - they can only be given to people associated with the property or doing work there.

You may however be able to buy them from the council offices. You will need a good reason to have them and substantial supporting documentation.

Advertisement