Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to all this and confused!

Options
  • 23-03-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Basically I've handed in all the forms and documents(as in proof of address etc) for jobseekers. So now what happens? Do I wait until they contact me to say I've qualified and so on or do I contact them?

Just basically what's the next step in the process of signing on for the first time? I can't seem to be able to find any answers to this online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

DeeAvery wrote: »
    Basically I've handed in all the forms and documents(as in proof of address etc) for jobseekers. So now what happens? Do I wait until they contact me to say I've qualified and so on or do I contact them?

Just basically what's the next step in the process of signing on for the first time? I can't seem to be able to find any answers to this online.

Is it jobseekers benefit or jobseekers allowance?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeeAvery

eastbono wrote: »
    Is it jobseekers benefit or jobseekers allowance?

Jobseekers allowance

Jobseekers allowance

Did you also submit the forms for means testing? Were you employed or self employed?

Did you also submit the forms for means testing? Were you employed or self employed?

I wasn't given forms for means testing, no. I've never been employed just either sick, a student or a full time volunteer.

I wasn't given forms for means testing, no. I've never been employed just either sick, a student or a full time volunteer.

Well if its jobseekers allowance you will be means tested and will have to provide recent bank/credit union statments. If you are <25 years and living at home then if your parents are working you will have to provide parents payslips... if you are married or co-hab and partner is working you will have to provide their recent payslips.

Were you given a date to sign next?

• Advertisement

Well if its jobseekers allowance you will be means tested and will have to provide recent bank/credit union statments. If you are <25 years and living at home then if your parents are working you will have to provide parents payslips... if you are married or co-hab and partner is working you will have to provide their recent payslips.

Were you given a date to sign next?

I don't live at home, am single and gave my own bank statement. I wasn't given any date or anything like that. The guy at the office just said thanks after the interview/when I gave him everything.

You will get a letter in the post giving you your means result and telling you when your money will be in the post office and when next you should sign. In the meantime you should go to your community welfare officer and apply for supplementary welfare allowance while you are waiting for your jobskeekers to be processed.

You will get a letter in the post giving you your means result and telling you when your money will be in the post office and when next you should sign. In the meantime you should go to your community welfare officer and apply for supplementary welfare allowance while you are waiting for your jobskeekers to be processed.

Thanks for the help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Just on the Volunteering full time, if you are still doing it you will need to get approval from the Social welfare, otherwise they may claim you are not available for full time work

If you want to do voluntary work and continue to get Jobseeker’s Allowance or Jobseeker’s Benefit, you must apply under the voluntary work option before you start any voluntary work. To apply, fill in application form (VW1), which is available from your Social Welfare Local Office.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/voluntary_work_and_social_welfare_payments.html

Advertisement