Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Work in France 2013

Options
  • 23-03-2013 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Hey guys
    I know this has been asked a million times- sorry :( I know of a lot of websites for work in france. I was wondering are there any areas/regions in france where it would be easy to pick up work? Or does such a thing exist any more? I've never had a job. I have a cheap one way flight booked to paris. Orginally I wanted to travel but money's tight. I'm on placement next year so I'll need 3-4 grand for that. Plus im finding it difficult to find a reasonably priced return flight. Any tips appreciated :)
    thanks
    rosie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi there rosie16,

I've moved your thread here over into the Living Abroad forum where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

if worst comes to worst, pop your head up in paris and see what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I'm in the exact same situation, any advice/places to start looking for work?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

I'm not sure, but just to point out jobs are very scarce at the moment. I guess there are jobs available picking fruit in the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 zeirtz

I was in Bordeaux when Ireland played France a couple of years ago. Both Irish pubs I visited had advertisements for vacancies posted on the premises. I would advise you to just go to those places and ask about work even if they don't have an ads up.
    Also join forums in France were some postings might be done. Perhaps some people on here who are resident in France could name some of those forums.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

zeirtz wrote: »
    I was in Bordeaux when Ireland played France a couple of years ago. Both Irish pubs I visited had advertisements for vacancies posted on the premises. I would advise you to just go to those places and ask about work even if they don't have an ads up.
    Also join forums in France were some postings might be done. Perhaps some people on here who are resident in France could name some of those forums.

What would the chances be of getting any work with no experience though? And do you think they tend to hire fairly immediately when they do hire people who walk in with CVs?

Advertisement