Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great places for photography?

Options
  • 23-03-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, I love taking photos, and I was wondering is there any great places which at nighttime look great? Around Dublin. I've been to: Howth, Bray, Dun Laoghaire for night photo and IFSC with Docklands.

Any other great places?
    Including: places with:
    interesting lighting
    huge traffic flow (slow time photography)
    view of city
    and other...

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

This forum might be useful for info and inspiration...http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

alright thanks will ask there :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You're not supposed to take photos in the IFSC and someone will come over and tell you. I had some bewildered Latvian visitors recently who fell foul of the security there.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

spurious wrote: »
    You're not supposed to take photos in the IFSC and someone will come over and tell you. I had some bewildered Latvian visitors recently who fell foul of the security there.

Since when? I have taken few pictures few times both from across the liffey to around the open square area at Georges Dock area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

mtjm wrote: »
    Since when? I have taken few pictures few times both from across the liffey to around the open square area at Georges Dock area
    It was always like that.
    From the Quays it's fine, but the IFSC itself is private property, so you might get chased away from there, but they can't do anything if you shoot from the Quays.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

arleitiss wrote: »
    huge traffic flow (slow time photography)

I reckon a slow time shot from here on the Coolock Lane roundabout over the M1 would look pretty cool as the traffic enters and emerges from the Port Tunnel.

Heading up to the other bridge on the roundabout and facing north from here might also be worthwhile with the long stretch of motorway and incoming aircraft approaching the airport as a backdrop.

I am in college in IFSC area, so I can always have excuse - "It's for college, don't believe me? go to my college and ask." .

I took many pics in those areas.

Lapin wrote: »
    I reckon a slow time shot from here on the Coolock Lane roundabout over the M1 would look pretty cool as the traffic enters and emerges from the Port Tunnel.

Heading up to the other bridge on the roundabout and facing north from here might also be worthwhile with the long stretch of motorway and incoming aircraft approaching the airport as a backdrop.

Thanks, but is there place to park around corner or so?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Loads of places. Its a residential area. The Centra on Coolock lane is probably the handiest spot. Its only a 2 minute walk from the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

spurious wrote: »
    There was a post about this on the photography forum before. A security guy stopped someone and he wrote to whoever manages IFSC. You are allowed to take photos there if you're a private photographer. It's doing it for commercial reasons that isn't allowed.

Advertisement