Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mother of Mark Quinsey dies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

They don't forget, they just don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Hondo75 wrote: »
    This is what these idiots forget about when they murder people.

The mother of a soldier shot dead by the Real IRA as he took delivery of a pizza has 'died of a broken heart', her daughter said yesterday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2297963/Mother-British-soldier-gunned-Real-IRA-terrorist-died-broken-heart.html#ixzz2OOyeQmYt
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

'Daily Mail' /thread

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

"died of a broken heart"

is that from the coroners report

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

DaveDaRave wrote: »
    "died of a broken heart"

is that from the coroners report
    I know it's terrible that she died but is there any proof that someone can die from being heartbroken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I know it's terrible that she died but is there any proof that someone can die from being heartbroken

RIP Bea Simmons.

Never forget.

• Advertisement

I think it's possible.Taggart died a week after his wife. Family members said he died of a broken heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I think it's possible.Taggart died a week after his wife. Family members said he died of a broken heart.
    It's always family members that say it
    Where is the studies to show it though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

The men who carried that murder out are complete scummers.

They're a ridiculous shower of deluded psychopaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭leedslad

Was that in "real life" or in the series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Perhaps it won't be recorded as such, but, in essence, that is undoubtedly the case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

It is a medical condition there has been a number of cases here in Ireland but only one I know of for sure. A patient will present with all the signs of massive heart failure and for all intents and purpose is having a heart attack. It isnt until an angiogram is undertaken thats it apparent the heart is ok just a weakening of the heart muscel brought on from something really stressful like losing someone close to you. It isnt easy to identify and that makes it dangerours though people can and do die from a broken heart.

leedslad wrote: »
    Was that in "real life" or in the series?

In real life. I can't remember his name.

There will always be a medical cause of death ie: heart failure. But what if, up till the heart failed, the person was healthy but they felt they themselves died when their partner died. Is it completely implausible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Poor woman.

RIP.

In whos name do these scumbags operate??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mario Jardel

Serious Question:

But like why did she let her son join the British Army?

Like, whether people like it or not, when British Soldiers set foot on Irish soil then they are going to be targeted

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

Hard to believe it happened fours years ago, is that correct? Seems like only yesterday it happened. Time flies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Serious Question:

But like why did she let her son join the British Army?
    Like, whether people like it or not, when British Soldiers set foot on Irish soil then they are going to be targeted

There's always one.

There's always one.

I am not backing the murder of her son incase your thinking that.

But did she not realise the danger that her son would be in?

If my children wanted to join an army where there is a high chance of danger then I would do everything that I could to prevent them joining

I am not backing the murder of her son incase your thinking that.

But did she not realise the danger that her son would be in?

If my children wanted to join an army where there is a high chance of danger then I would do everything that I could to prevent them joining

Do you think soldiers are fair game?

Do you think soldiers are fair game?

No I dont
    But thats war. There are no rules

• Advertisement

No I dont

What war?

What war?

Well whatever the IRA call their fight for the six counties.

Well whatever the IRA call their fight for the 32 counties.

Thats just criminality, nothing to do with war.

No I dont

Well, there's a few rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

What war?

In the name of fairness.

He was due to go to Afghanistan the next day.

I say this as a pacifist. But do you think he would have killed another human being over there, if need be, and in the name of war?

Will Mario's mammy please confiscate his shovel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

No I dont

Hello Slobodan Milošević

Thats just criminality, nothing to do with war.

Ok that's your own opinion.

Was it just criminality with Michael Collins, De Valera etc too ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Well whatever the IRA call their fight for the six counties.

which IRA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 hare

how many irish mothers suffered at the hands of british forces killing their children with rubber bullets.

Ye are all very naive.

Ye are all very naive.

Enlighten us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Ok that's your own opinion.

Out of curiosity, what's your definition of war?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Confirmation bias

I don't get what you mean jimo ?

• Advertisement

SamHall wrote: »
    In the name of fairness.

He was due to go to Afghanistan the next day.

I say this as a pacifist. But do you think he would have killed another human being over there, if need be, and in the name of war?

What has that got to do with anything? I don't think he was killed by some anti-war campaigning pacifist.

Shooting up soldiers and a Polish pizza delivery boy in the name of 'da cause' is a very different thing than a professional army deploying to Afghanistan.

Seachmall wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what's your definition of war?

''War is an organized and often prolonged conflict that is carried out by states and/or non-state actors. It is characterised by extreme violence, social disruption, human suffering, and economic destruction''

What has that got to do with anything? I don't think he was killed by some anti-war campaigning pacifist.

Shooting up soldiers and a Polish pizza delivery boy in the name of 'da cause' is a very different thing than a professional army deploying to Afghanistan.

Killing is killing. Professional or not

''War is an organized and often prolonged conflict that is carried out by states and/or non-state actors. It is characterised by extreme violence, social disruption, human suffering, and economic destruction''

And I'd infer from that that war requires two or more parties to be actively engaging in "extreme violence, social disruption, human suffering, and economic destruction'' against each other, correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 hare

Is 800yrs prolonged enough for ya,

• Advertisement

All I'm saying is that the grief that this poor woman suffered would have been prevented if she stopped her son from joining the army in the first place.

Seachmall wrote: »
    And I'd infer from that that war requires two or more parties to be actively engaging in "extreme violence, social disruption, human suffering, and economic destruction'' against each other, correct?

Republicans against Loyalists correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Pretty sure the odd Afghan family would disagree with you there.

Like i said, i didn't /don't agree with the killing of those young lads, but the fact remains they were about to be deployed to Afghanistan to possibly kill in the name of their country.

You cannot scorn one without the other.

That's my opinion on it. (I, incidentally scorn both)

All I'm saying is that the grief that this poor woman suffered would have been prevented if she stopped her son from joining the army in the first place.

Yeah and that girl wouldn't have been raped if she didn't wear such a revealing outfit... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I don't get what you mean jimo ?
    People tend to see patterns that match their preconceived beliefs.

By the law of averages some people will die in close proximity to that of a loved one. We spot these but don't notice the ones that live for another 20 years

Republicans against Loyalists correct?

Presumably we're discussing the RIRA vs. BA, not republicans vs. loyalists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Her son was a grown man. A parent can't control their adult child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Mrs Brankin, from Birmingham, was found dead this week, a fortnight after the fourth anniversary of the killings.

Completely made up "news" story.

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    People tend to see patterns that match their preconceived beliefs.

By the law of averages some people will die in close proximity to that of a loved one. We spot these but don't notice the ones that live for another 20 years

That makes sense. I guess then, if a grief stricken loved one died 20 yrs later you should say "died with a broken heart" rather than "died of a broken heart".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement