Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Great places for photography?

• 23-03-2013 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, I love taking photos, and I was wondering is there any great places which at nighttime look great? Around Dublin. I've been to: Howth, Bray, Dun Laoghaire for night photo and IFSC with Docklands.

Any other great places?
    Including: places with:
    interesting lighting
    huge traffic flow (slow time photography)
    view of city
    and other...

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

there are literally hundreds of places throughout Dublin offering different nightscapes - cityscapes and general different views of the city.

you should go on one of the many photowalks around at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Corkbah wrote: »
    there are literally hundreds of places throughout Dublin offering different nightscapes - cityscapes and general different views of the city.

you should go on one of the many photowalks around at night.

To be honest, I prefer solo. Drive up somewhere at night with gf, enjoy views, take pictures, take as much time as I want, not in hurry :)

Are photowalks like a group meetings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

arleitiss wrote: »
    To be honest, I prefer solo. Drive up somewhere at night with gf, enjoy views, take pictures, take as much time as I want, not in hurry :)

Take a look at http://www.meetup.com/

I also prefer solo shooting. No rush etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

arleitiss wrote: »

Is that not a contradiction?

I know my wife doesn't like having to hang around while I'm taking photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Any places around Munster people would recommend? I'm from Thurles myself but am willing to travel if its worth it! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i think anywhere can make a great photography, just depends on the time of day you take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

i think anywhere can make a great photography, just depends on the time of day you take it

Im not sure about that. I live in Kildare and find the flatness and lack of anything but fields very uninspiring . Unless you like shooting horses and canals .

I love the west . Lots of natural beauty everywhere you look. Northwest on the Donegal coast even better .

Advertisement