Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Eircom Upload Speed what good and is it possible to improve it if not?

Options
  • 23-03-2013 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hey guys I have a 0:30 MPBS Eircom upload speed. Is this Great for hosting Lobbies on XBOX 360 and if not can it be increased. My Download is between 6-7. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Your probably getting the max upload on your line DSL broadband like Eircom has slow upload ,Mobile broadband providers uploads is in excess of 1Mb/s constant sometimes my upload sees over 4Mb/s and downloads at over 15Mb/s ,

You should have no problems on Xbox live once your NAT is Open and not Strict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hey guys I have a 0:30 MPBS Eircom upload speed. Is this Great for hosting Lobbies on XBOX 360 and if not can it be increased. My Download is between 6-7. Thanks

Hi toyotamr4red

You're upload speed should not have animpact on hosting lobbies for online gaming and as jay93advised (thanks jay93) this would be generally a NAT type issue. eircom are not in a position to advise and to provide support on the process of changing your NAT type (however advice on changing NAT type settings is readily available online).

Also, your upload speed is set inaccordance to your download speed profile and cannot be increased. Your upload speed is currently profiled as (up to) 512kps (around up to 0.5MPBS) and the only option you have (if indeed your line can handle an upgrade) is to upgrade your broadband subscription to 24mb download and up to 768kbps (0.7MPBS) upload however this is only a very slight increase in upload speeds and as it is sold as 'up to' we cannot guarantee faster upload speeds.
    If you would like to PM me your landlinenumber I can look into whether your line can handle an upgrade in broadband to the up to 24mb down and up to 0.7 speeds but once again I must advise that upload speeds are not much of a contributing factor to hosting lobbies in online gaming.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭toyotamr4red

Hi toyotamr4red

You're upload speed should not have animpact on hosting lobbies for online gaming and as jay93advised (thanks jay93) this would be generally a NAT type issue. eircom are not in a position to advise and to provide support on the process of changing your NAT type (however advice on changing NAT type settings is readily available online).

Also, your upload speed is set inaccordance to your download speed profile and cannot be increased. Your upload speed is currently profiled as (up to) 512kps (around up to 0.5MPBS) and the only option you have (if indeed your line can handle an upgrade) is to upgrade your broadband subscription to 24mb download and up to 768kbps (0.7MPBS) upload however this is only a very slight increase in upload speeds and as it is sold as 'up to' we cannot guarantee faster upload speeds.
    If you would like to PM me your landlinenumber I can look into whether your line can handle an upgrade in broadband to the up to 24mb down and up to 0.7 speeds but once again I must advise that upload speeds are not much of a contributing factor to hosting lobbies in online gaming.

Regards

Al
    Thanks Very much to jay93 and eircom: Alan. My issue is solved as now I know I am getting the upload speed as fast as my line can handle as I only upgraded to the 7mb package recently. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks Very much to jay93 and eircom: Alan. My issue is solved as now I know I am getting the upload speed as fast as my line can handle as I only upgraded to the 7mb package recently. Thanks for all the help.

Hi toyotamr4red

No worries, if you ever have any further queries please keep in touch.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Hi toyotamr4red

Regards

Al
    i know of a way to open NAT on the Xbox or PS3 system enter eircom PPOE settings into the connection settings on the console and it will open to NAT1 have tested alot of times and works perfect for restricted NAT on consoles used with Eircom BB,

settings are PPOE username:ericom@eircom.net
                        PPOE password:broadband1

:)

• Advertisement

jay93 wrote: »
    i know of a way to open NAT on the Xbox or PS3 system enter eircom PPOE settings into the connection settings on the console and it will open to NAT1 have tested alot of times and works perfect for restricted NAT on consoles used with Eircom BB,

Hi jay93

Thanks for your contribution and advice on this.

Regards

Al

jay93 wrote: »

Hi jay93

Thanks for your contribution and advice on this.

Regards

Al

Advertisement