Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Out Question!

Options
  • 23-03-2013 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hey all. I've been living in this house for 18 months now. Started out on a 12 month lease, and when it was up, agreed to renew for a further 12 months, and the rental agency were due to post the new lease out so I could sign and return - but they never posted it out, and I never thought to chase it up.

Now I'm in a position where I need to move within the next two months, and I'm curious if I have a leg to stand on, regards getting my deposit back.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

If you did not sign a new lease after your previous one had ended then you would have automatically went onto a part 4 tenancy. Have a look at the following link: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/types_of_tenancy.html

You may give relevant notice depending on teh lenght of time that you are there, which in your case you will need to 6 weeks (42 days) notice.

If the agency do come back to you just say that you never signed a new lease for the 2nd year.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement