Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i combine 2 wireless ap's

Options
  • 24-03-2013 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi all. Hope someone here can help- I dont have the technical termonology so ill try explain the setup.
    In th ehouse I have an Eircom broadband router with a wireless Engenius AP plugged into it. Wifi Broadband works perfect.

I have 2 printers in a separate part of house plugged into another router with another Engenius AP plugged into router. Wireless network printing works perfectly.

My problem is I have to manually switch between wireless networks if i need to print something. Is there a way of wirelessly linking these 2 Engenius devices together so i can have internet and print at the same time??

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What you want is WDS or client bridge mode, if the APs support them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

There is a choice of different operation modes like access point, WDS, Bridge.

How would I set these up?

Advertisement