Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cinderella

• 24-03-2013 2:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46

So iv been invited to a ball, but have nothing to wear!
    I need a dress that will be classy enough on a budget a tight budget, the event is semi out dorsey so i need something that wont make me cry if it gets a wee bit dirty. Any ideas? classy yet shabby chic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Well if the event is a ball then you are looking at a formal dress. If it is partially outdoors you don't want the dress trailing off the ground getting muddy! So my advice would be to go knee-length or calf-length with the dress.
    You can also buy little heel-studs that you pop onto the bottom of a stilletto shoe which stop your heels from sinking into the mud when outdoors. A lot of women who attend race meetings wear them, they are available on eBay to name but one such place.
    I've a picture of a dress in my head (one I've worn to both a ball and races) which I think is ideal for what you are after but I don't have an actual picture. Basically picture a ball gown but it only goes to your shin at the back and maybe a few inches below the knee at the front. That's the kind of style I'd aim for if you are going to be out getting potentially dirty outside!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Emm511

Thanks Galwaygirlee I must look for those stiletto studs on ebay they sound like a must have for the outdoors. The search for a calf/knee length formal dress begins.

Advertisement