Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

website gone

• 24-03-2013 4:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

i enter web domain in go daddy available....... shop around ... available.
    enter site in go daddy TAKEN like less than 5 minute window.

nothing topical. just idea. did a web crawler or site admin bone me? i think so seems concidence taken in few mins as it wasnt taken in the last 15 years when u cud reg a com.

i entered name search in few domain reg sites which they make u do. so can i find out who reg it and like say wtf. and no didnt tell anybody a site name wouldnt have wanted it reg just seen there prices and terms really.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That was a chore to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

fuk u i lost millions :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

So you got boned by Go Daddy?
    Was it good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Are they the lyrics to the next Rebecca Black single?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'm hugely confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

grizzly wrote: »
    I'm hugely confused.

Barry wanted to register a website. he went to a website domain reg company.
    he looked at the price was cheap enough but Barry wanted to shop around and see other competitors prices.

Barry didnt think he was in any hurry to make up his mind. Barry returned to his first stop as was the cheapest but only wanted to determine terms and conditions . Barry found out his website was no longer available. This made Barry mad and angry. He felt betrayed

Barry was parnoid and registered as a .ie address. But for a .ie address Barry will have to register a business. Its 4am and Barry has spent alot of money and now has to start a business. All barry wanted to do was reg a name and put it on the back burner.

Ann will not be pleased. Barry likes Jam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Yep, seems they have a shítty practice of offering a domain-availability-search functionality, and then automatically register any domain you search themselves, so they can squat and sell it to you for a premium:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1099724

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Ops post gave me cancer. Honestly if you're going to start a thread could you at least do us all a favour and use sentence structure, grammar and at least have some in the English language.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

i enter web domain in go daddy available....... shop around ... available.
    enter site in go daddy TAKEN like less than 5 minute window.

nothing topical. just idea. did a web crawler or site admin bone me? i think so seems concidence taken in few mins as it wasnt taken in the last 15 years when u cud reg a com.

i entered name search in few domain reg sites which they make u do. so can i find out who reg it and like say wtf. and no didnt tell anybody a site name wouldnt have wanted it reg just seen there prices and terms really.

Do they teach basic grammar and sentence structure in school these days? I know that some devices put in full stops where they are not needed but the total lack of any grammar make this post almost impossible for someone to read properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Barry wanted to register a website. he went to a website domain reg company.
    he looked at the price was cheap enough but Barry wanted to shop around and see other competitors prices.

Barry didnt think he was in any hurry to make up his mind. Barry returned to his first stop as was the cheapest but only wanted to determine terms and conditions . Barry found out his website was no longer available. This made Barry mad and angry. He felt betrayed

Barry was parnoid and registered as a .ie address. But for a .ie address Barry will have to register a business. Its 4am and Barry has spent alot of money and now has to start a business. All barry wanted to do was reg a name and put it on the back burner.

Ann will not be pleased. Barry likes Jam

Thanks marvin, Babelfish was no help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

waiting to see will my site be bought up...

http://www.godaddy.com/domains/searchresults.aspx?ci=54814

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

Nope,

Still there.

OP Lies!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

marvinspaz,
    what domain name was this? it doesnt matter if post the name now,plus it will help us give another view on this.
    it is possible someone thought of it,a pure coincidence but will need to speak to whoever bought it to find out why,but a whois search may not give the persons name it might be registered in go daddys name.

a .ie domain will limit its attraction to international folks if that isnt the intention, a .com is always best for international purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I did a search for "xdtgogisa.com", "accordanceshoes.com", and "blastcup.com".

All available. If I remember I'll check back in a few hours/days to see if they're still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Seachmall wrote: »
    I did a search for "xdtgogisa.com", "accordanceshoes.com", and "blastcup.com".

All available. If I remember I'll check back in a few hours/days to see if they're still there.

What are your plans for blastcup? It sounds intriguing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

What are your plans for blastcup? It sounds intriguing

Sequel to 2 girls, one cup? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

LizT wrote: »
    Sequel to 2 girls, one cup? :eek:
    The after-Guinness version.

Advertisement