Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clean supply ????

Options
  • 24-03-2013 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Can sombody clear dis for me..... A clean supply skt is never on an rcd???? Or can it be on an rcd , or maybe rcbo??? Wats the normal procedure?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

kelledy wrote: »
    A clean supply skt is never on an rcd???

Sometimes it is. It varies from job to job, depending on the spec.

Other times it may be decided not to use an RCBO to reduce the risk of nuisance tripping. Typically nonstandard sockets are used when this has been decided.
    Or can it be on an rcd , or maybe rcbo???

Commercial / industrial installations typically use RCBOs rather than an RCD for single phase circuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

its put on a 20 amp type b mcb no rcd. and use the non standard sockets and have it clearly listed as IT clean supply only and your good to go. if its for the job i think its for thats the way to go. i agree with 2011 otherwise. but in our case its done the way i said:D

Advertisement